cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT RECEPTION IN MY HOUSE?? , HELP!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

NOT RECEPTION IN MY HOUSE?? , HELP!!!!

I just move my family ( three accounts) into Sprint after 14 years of being with T-mobile and I do not have reception in my house.We have to move all over the house to get a little bar if we are lucky. This awful, please advise , how do I contact a tech support to resolve this issue? thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you have a broadband internet connection you can buy the Airave,  http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Sprint/AIRAVEreg_Access_Point-dvc1230002prd

We have had one since we switched to Sprint. In fact this is why we went with Sprint. Verizon did not have theirs ready yet.  Easy setup and works better than specs.

Highlighted
Master

Hello and Thank you for using Sprint.com Communities to report this issue.  Madhatter50 is correct about the Airvana Access Point (Airave) as no wireless carrier can guarantee indoor coverage based on environmental and structural factors beyond our control.  However, I can check your location for tower performance and ensure our service is working as expected.  Please post an address that's near you but NOT your own.  I will reply with a network analysis for your location. 

Thank you,

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tom,

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I moved to Sprint because I was guaranteed better coverage, I live in a city with a mall five minutes from me where the Sprint store is and I swithched my service. How is that possible Sprint does not have coverage?, I live in a normal home with normal structure. All my friends with other cell companies have not problem with  reception ever. I can not even call or text my own children from the first floor to their room  up stairs because there is not coverage.

this is a very close address to mine 9312 62nd ave e , Puyallup, Wa, 98371

Really appreciate your help with this issue.

Thank you.

PHChase

Highlighted
Journeyman

Damn $129.99 extra just to get service in your house. Sad.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat