cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with not being able to use my service.

Journeyman

Need help with not being able to use my service.

Okay, I admi it, I screwed up. I really did. Okay so my samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch would not charge anymore which I started having problems a couple months ago, I just kept buying new cords and they worked for like a week and then stopped. I finally gave up, Okay so I had a custom ROM on my phone, And so I was going to flash a stock android ICS rom onto it. I asked a friend for help in finding one while I wiped the phone of the last one, Well. He found one for the samsung galaxy s2, But not for my phone model, I did not know that at the time and took his word and began flashing it using ODIN. Long story short, It's now soft bricked and will not connect to my computer for me to fix it. Goes into download mode but not recovery. I took it to a sprint store and they said the warranty is voided and they can't fix it simply because of the traces of the old custom ROM on it since I wasn't able to fully flash a new one on. Basically handing my phone back to me and here I am stuck paying for a service I cannot even use and it seems to me that sprint could quite honestly care less. What are my options? Help is very appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need help with not being able to use my service.

Unfortunately because your android OS was rooted, it voids the warranty and we won't replace it. You will have to use another device. You can check out our refurbished options on sprint.com/shop.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

RRAKAKANE11 wrote:

Okay, I admi it, I screwed up. I really did. Okay so my samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch would not charge anymore which I started having problems a couple months ago, I just kept buying new cords and they worked for like a week and then stopped. I finally gave up, Okay so I had a custom ROM on my phone, And so I was going to flash a stock android ICS rom onto it. I asked a friend for help in finding one while I wiped the phone of the last one, Well. He found one for the samsung galaxy s2, But not for my phone model, I did not know that at the time and took his word and began flashing it using ODIN. Long story short, It's now soft bricked and will not connect to my computer for me to fix it. Goes into download mode but not recovery. I took it to a sprint store and they said the warranty is voided and they can't fix it simply because of the traces of the old custom ROM on it since I wasn't able to fully flash a new one on. Basically handing my phone back to me and here I am stuck paying for a service I cannot even use and it seems to me that sprint could quite honestly care less. What are my options? Help is very appreciated.

Journeyman

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachdl/0968f4431cb2ced1fc34985fec8c8460/50d36e87/1/0/5/2/0/0/6/i_sr_a...

Policy says different. Also, I've never rooted the phone, Only put a custom ROM on it. I also have TEP, Which should cover this, But they say it won't. I will NOT buy a new phone.

Master

A custom ROM is considered rooting.

Your best bet is to find a RUU file for your version phone, install it on the SD Card, yes you will have to find a way to get it on the SD Card, then flash from the SD Card itself.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I ended up just using Asurion. Lets hope I don't get a derpy phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat