cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with upgrades, family plan what phones

Journeyman

Need help with upgrades, family plan what phones

I have been a sprint customer for many years.  I have a family plan with 4 lines.  Currently, 3 phones are LG Optimus S.  The 4th is the youngests line that we added and used my previous phone that had been upgraded, a Pro-700.  The contract on the 3 expire this month, the contract on the 4th expires next year, but we never got the 'free' phone for activating a line and now it is only a partial upgrade.

We want to upgrade to a good smart phone, something like the HTC Evo 4g LTE, or Samsung Galaxy S2.

With so many phones price is an issue.  I just can't understand why the price is higher at Sprint than Best Buy, or why the HTC at Best Buy is free for a new customer but 50 bucks for me.  Why is it that an existing customer, who pays their bill and has been for years gets a worse deal than the guy signing up that may or may not pay?  Seems backwards to me.

Anyway, my questions are:

1. what phone would folks recomend

2. what is the best price I can find on the phones?

3. how is the Galaxy S2?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Need help with upgrades, family plan what phones

AS far as the phone prices, it all depends on the contract and what discounts the manufactures are giving. Phones are not property of Sprint, so Sprint has no voice on the price or discounts best buy gives. The discounts on anything you purchase everyday comes from the amount of the product that a company purchases, and at this case best buy or Wallmart, buy tons and that means cheaper prices for them, and more room they have to play with the price.

As for your other questions:

1) Any Samsung phones, LG and Iphones are good (if the price was not an issue)

2) best price might be at wallmart (I know they had some great deals, not sure if they still do), some times RadioShack goes crazy on some deals. Just shop around and online too.

3)S2 is not that bad, but a bit outdated, check apple stores, I think they have deals on refurbished iphone 4 and 4s, that might be the same price with S2.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Go S3 or Note 2. The rest are junk in comparison and you'll be outdated before you walk out the door.  You're spending $3000/year on your cell bill, at least get a quality handset that is future (20 months) proof and actually worth something when you go to resell it a year or year and a half from now.

Next down from Note2 and S3 is Evo lte... I'm sure some people on here would gladly sell you theirs. And you do have the latest LG Optimus G -- don't be fooled into this handset. 

Wizard

Stay away from S2. Great when it came out but now you won't be happy with it.  Problems and problems.

Journeyman

What types of problems?

Honestly, I'm not looking for cutting edge.  I'm not worried about resale value, I figure if I use it for 2 years its done and not worth much at all.

I currently have Optimus S.  So I need an improvement.  I want a phone that makes phone calls first and foremost.  I want to be able to check emails on it.  I want to be able to see the screen if someone sends me a photo.  I want the battery to last more than a couple hours.

Journeyman

What about the HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Master

I really love the HTC interface, but if you want the best phone out there, go for the Note2. It's a little bulky, but you get used to it. I use that and I love it, by far the best phone I have used.

Unfortunately I have not tried the Evo 4G LTE, so I have no comment on that.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat