cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer gets better deal than existing customer???

Highlighted
Journeyman

New Customer gets better deal than existing customer???

I am eligible for an upgrade and was looking at a Galaxy SII.  If I were a new customer I could get the phone for free but since I am an existing customer (have been for 10 years) it will cost me $99 (I must pay $149 and get a $50 rebate).  Please tell me... How this is good customer service?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

mlr1965,

Thank you for posting your concern about upgrading your device. I was wondering, where are you getting the pricing from for your upgrade cost? If I am not mistaken, you can or at least should be eligible for the same pricing as a new customer. I will be sending you a private message to gather additional information so that I can check on the status of your upgrade.

Markie_B

Social Care Support

Monday, Thursday,

Friday and Saturday

7am - 12 noon Central

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your price to start a new line of service

Samsung Galaxy S® II
Regular price
$499.99

Instant Savings

- $350.00

New line savings

- $149.99

Online price:

$0.00

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your price to upgrade device

Samsung Galaxy S® II
Regular price
$499.99

Upgrade Discount

- $150.00

Instant Savings

- $200.00

Mail-in Rebate via Reward Card

- $50.00

Your price:

$99.99

Highlighted
Journeyman

No...you are not offering the same pricing for new and existing customers.

Also...before I get the standard response about switching phones mid-plan, this is the info on my acount for this phone.  It has been eligible for an upgrade for almost 2 years.

You qualify for 2-yr agreement savings on a new device as of 03/01/2011.

Highlighted
Wizard

mlr1965,

I have replied to your private message with additional information as well as confirmed that your line is eligible for upgrade pricing.

Markie_B

Social Care Support

Monday, Thursday,

Friday and Saturday

7am - 12 noon Central

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the message...I sent you a reply.  I would really appreciate an answer to my question though if anyone can give that to me.  And I would like to know why existing customers do not get the same pricing through Sprint as new customers when they are eligible for upgrades but instead are told by Sprint to go shop at Best Buy, WalMart, Sam's etc. where they can get better pricing.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

Highlighted
Wizard

I was curious to see if the price was different, so I went to sprint.com first as a new customer (not logged in), and saw the price you described for the Galaxy S II. Free after rebates etc. Then, while still on the the Galaxy S II page, I logged in, and the price stayed the same! It was then I noticed, in the description next to the price, "Special New Line Savings", and also read the following:

For a limited time, get this fabulous phone for FREE when you open a new line with Sprint or add a line to your account.

So, that tells me the device can be had at an extra discount (adding up to free), even if you're an existing customer, as long as you're adding a new line of service. If you revisit the site, you may see the same thing.

Highlighted
Wizard

Oh, one more thing. You must be able to add another line to your account to get the offer. If that's not the case, then you won't get the new line pricing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah...I would have to add a new line, changes phone #'s etc.  I have more than one phone to upgrade.  Soooo not worth the hassle.  I did the same thing as you but the price changed when I did it.

Journeyman

It just really bothers me that I would have to add a new line to get a deal but I can't upgrade and get it.  And...there is not one single deal like it for an upgrade.  Kind of disappointing that a current long time customer would have to go through the hassle of getting a new line changing #'s etc to get a decent deal.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat