Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer gets better deal

Highlighted
Journeyman

New customer gets better deal

I just went on to amazon.com and found that for a Galaxy Note 2 a new customer can get it for $69 with a 2 year contract, but for me, who has 5 phones on a family account only can get it for $249. What's the deal? I have maitained an account with Sprint for years on multiple lines. In other words Sprints makes a lot more of me then a single new user, but I get a heck of a lot worse deal? Thanks Sprint...

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

bodri-

Hey there! Thanks so much for the post! We truly value your business! As far as amazon.com is concerned, as a 3rd party retailer they do offer prices which differ from us as they have their own inventory. Most often, with all carriers, there are specials for brand new customers in order to draw in new business.

We allow our current customers to upgrade every 20 or 22 months (depending upon your last upgrade). This would qualify you for promotional pricing on equipment. You can always purchase through an authorized retailer, but keep in mind, the return policy can vary and so can the pricing.

We do offer our Buyback Program (through Sprint), which is an excellent way to save towards your purchase and recycle. For further details, take a look at www.sprint.com/buyback.

We appreciate your post and please let me know if I can answer any questions you may have!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Similar to another poster, I would prefer to pass along any commission opportunities to a Sprint employee. I also would have assumed Sprint would have just as good an inventory as some third party, so how are they able to provide such a better price, especially when I would still be upgrading with sprint, just purchasing the phone from someone else. However, as noted, a new account to sprint, but buying the phone from amazon they get it for $69, however when you select existing account holder the price jumps. I accept this must be something with amazon, but shouldn't Sprint, as the main carrier offer at least close to this?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

for the same reason you see a big price change between some mom and pop store compared to say home depot...bulk purchases will have a lower cost that they can then send down to the customer..amazon, best buy etc will do huge bulk buys at a discounted price

bodri wrote:

Similar to another poster, I would prefer to pass along any commission opportunities to a Sprint employee. I also would have assumed Sprint would have just as good an inventory as some third party, so how are they able to provide such a better price, especially when I would still be upgrading with sprint, just purchasing the phone from someone else. However, as noted, a new account to sprint, but buying the phone from amazon they get it for $69, however when you select existing account holder the price jumps. I accept this must be something with amazon, but shouldn't Sprint, as the main carrier offer at least close to this?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

But wouldn't you think with the number of phones Sprint sells they wouldn't be doing the same thing?

fireguy_6364 wrote:

Re: New customer gets better deal

for the same reason you see a big price change between some mom and pop store compared to say home depot...bulk purchases will have a lower cost that they can then send down to the customer..amazon, best buy etc will do huge bulk buys at a discounted price

Highlighted
GrandMaster

not really...do you think they would keep amazon or any of the other companies they sale phones to as a customer if they charged less than they do for the phones?

bodri wrote:

But wouldn't you think with the number of phones Sprint sells they wouldn't be doing the same thing?

fireguy_6364 wrote:

Re: New customer gets better deal

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

It's getting a lil annoying hearing all this " New costumers get a better deal" posts.

If your contract is over, you get the same deal they do, no different, BODRI, if your contract is over you can buy the same phone from Amazon.com and still pay just $69, and you and the "New Costumers" are locked to a new contract with the same terms for the same period of time. SAME DEAL.

By the way, just a suggestion, stay away from the S2, and I'm sure when the S4 will come out, the S3 will go down to those prices.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Dj_Damjano,

Your statement is not correct. I understand I am renewing a 2 yr contract so I "should" be no different. However there was a tool amazon uses that you have to click whether your a new customer or already have a Sprint account. If you click the "new" then the price on the phone was $69, if you clicked the "existing customer" the price became $249, and no contract price was over $600. The first two prices I stated require a 2 yr contratct so there is no way they can be equal as you state. The S3 already dropped $100, but the Note 2, which is what I was looking for is still the same $300 as when it first came out.

Highlighted
Master

Officedepot.com has the Note2 for $249.99, upgrade price, free shipping. But if I was you, I'd wait for the S4 if you were interested in the Note2, I use Note2, and the S4 is very, very tempting to me.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat