cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus Prime - will Sprint get it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Reports are that Verizon's version of the Nexus Prime is the Droid Bionic.  And Sprint will soon have the Galaxy S II, but Verizon won't.  I'd definately prefer the Nexus Prime over the GS2, mainly for Android 4.0, as currently there's no confirmation that the GS2 will get Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).  And there's been some rumor that the malor carriers will be getting the Nexus Prime, and there's other rumors saying it's only going to Verizon.  What's everyone's thoughts - will Sprint get the Nexus Prime?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi,

Thanks for your question. At this time we cannot speculate if there will be a Nexus Prime on the Sprint network. You can always check www.sprint.com/comingsoon?ECID=SM:BW:20110831:COMINGSOON and www.sprint.com/newsroom?ECID=SM:BW:20110831:NEWSROOM for more product updates and press release information.

Thanks,

----George

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus Prime - will Sprint get it?

Weak answer, why waste your time typing that out....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why even post a question like this here?  Its obvious they have to give a standard answer.  If Sprint was ready to announce this phone publically, they would hold a press conference or an event.  They wouldn't announce it on a forum.

Highlighted
Wizard

looks like next month for it

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really really really want to know if Sprint will get the nexus prime before I decide to pick up EPIC touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here, as I don't know if the EPIC Touch will get upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich.

Highlighted
Journeyman

EPIC Touch will get Ice cream sandwich, samsung will permanently ruin their mobile line with bad reviews if they don't update and soon too. but It might take at least 3-5 months, which I don't like.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone heard of Googles Partner Android Update Initiative?  (read about it here - http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/10/google-partner-android-initiative/ )  If  Samsung and Sprint would update Android

on a timely basis I would be ordering my new Epic Touch 4G RIGHT NOW!  With regular updates I could live with TouchWiz 4.0 and Sprint's bloatware.  This is not too much to ask for is it?  Waiting 6 months or for ever

for OS updates is unacceptable from a consumer's standpoint. Why should I spend $200.00 plus taxes and fees for a "new" phone, only to be stuck with obsolete firmware for the majority of time that I am forced to own it.

I have been waiting for nearly 6 months to upgrade to the new Google phone and now I'm hearing rumors that Verizon may be its exclusive carrier.  How do you know that the Epic Touch will recieve the "Ice Cream Sandwich"

upgrade in 3 to 5 or even 6 months to a year "Solire" ???

Moderator, can you provide any reliable information?  (.;..and do you expect that the "Prime" is actually coming to Sprint anytime soon?)

I've been a Sprint customer for nearly 8 years and I am very frustrated with these issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well if its the latest a greatest phone, Sprint is usually last getting it. Verizon and AT&T seem to have better luck getting getting selling rights...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the announcement last night stated the Nexus will be offered in HSPA+ (doesn't apply to sprint) and LTE, my guess would be if Sprint gets it, it won't be until mid-2012 when they have already started roll out of their LTE network, also when they said they would offer the first LTE device

Highlighted
Journeyman

So after Sprint terminating their Premier program and effectively removing my ability to upgrade to a new phone early, I've decided it's in my best interest to just leave Sprint, pay my ETF and get the phone I really want.  The iPhone 4S was my early choice, but after seeing the Google/Samsung annoumcement for the Galaxy Nexus, I've decided that the Nexus on Verizon's superior data network is my best bet.  My Evo 4G has been acting up and I'm ready for something new.  Sorry Sprint, but it seems you're more interested in attracting new customers than keeping your existing loyal customers happy.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat