cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!

Journeyman

Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!

I waited until CES to see if Sprint would announce any new WP7 devices. Unfortunately, I wasted my time waiting.  We started looking at AT&T after Mr Owens announcement basically codemning WP7.  We didn't want to wait another 8-9 months on empty promises.  So we jumped to AT&T last month and haven't regretted it (rockin' the Samsung Focus S and loving it!).  The speed is noticabley faster than Sprint's. And my bill is actually cheaper with 3 smartphones (2GB) and one dumbphone (no data).  My first month, using the phone much like I did on Sprint, I haven't even hit the 600MB mark with only 2 days to go.  WiFi helps a lot!  So, Sprint's "unlimited" offering is irrelevent in my case.  It looks like Sprint will be losing more and more customers as time goes on.  Lumia 930 will probably be going to Verizon before Sprint customers see it.  I believe if Sprint would have put as much effort and $$$ into the WP7 devices as they did the iPhone, they wouldn't be having this mass exodus that they are experiencing now.  What other carrier offers money for their customers to stay???  Better start doing some serious thinking there, Sprint....

Wizard

Let hope it is. I would like more windows phones I am due for an upgrade in September.

Journeyman

I am with you guys and hope Sprint gets this sooner rather than later.  You don't have to spend millions advertising it Sprint, but at least let us have the option of more WP7 phones.

Journeyman

I agree. If there is not a Sprint announcement by March 18th with regards to Nokia Windows Phones on Sprint, I will probably switch to ATT. As much as I hate the more expensive service, the phone/OS matters more to me to than "unlimited".

I metered my data usage and I rarely top 500 MB/ month, so the ATT 2GB/month or 5GB/month plan will be just fine. Unlimited does not mean much when you dont actually use anything near the cap of another service. ATT Lumia 910 is also 4G/LTE. On top of that ATT supports net access while talking on the phone.

I know WP7 is a low market % right now, so I understand Sprint's choices, but it does feel a little weird that I joined Sprint because they used to have the best selection and support for WinMo and now they are the worst for WP7

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let's hope.  I've decided to leave Sprint soon if they don't get a premium WP soon (waiting out my contract).  Their lack of support has just been pathetic.

Journeyman

Let's hope it is for Sprint not Verizon.