cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 2 Firmware Update - Multi-View added

Journeyman

Note 2 Firmware Update - Multi-View added

So it's been reported that the Note 2 is going to get the upgrade which, among other un-notable changes, will include the Multi-View feature advertised by Samsung.  Soooooooo, anyone get the update yet?  I've tried a couple of times this morning and no dice.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Note 2 Firmware Update - Multi-View added

That's a great question. There is no confirmed date for the update as of yet.

Journeyman

Dont count on anything until 2013

Master

Actually the update should start rolling out today and be available to all devices within the next week or so.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung_galax...

Journeyman

I just escaped from the Apple iPhone walled prison about 10 days ago when I bought my Galaxy Note 2. Could someone tell me how I will know when there is an update ready for my phone? I know to go under Settings- System Update and then to click on either Firmware or Samsung Software updates. Is that were this release will be?

Sorry for the dumb question. Just not too familiar with the process outside of the hand-holding Apple.

Master

Normally with updates you will get a notification on the device that there is an update ready for it when that happens just select update.  If you can not do at that time go to settings> system update > samsung update > check for updates .

Journeyman

Hey guys,

I have been checking every 20 minutes or so throughout the am, with no luck. Although my friend with the same GN2 down the street got his update with the full working multiview feature around 0020 hours 11/08/12. I am not sure why some devices are getting the update before others. Anyone know why? Hope this update is helpful

Journeyman

Same here. My daycare provider bought her N2 a full week after I purchased mine and she got the update this morning. I, however, have nothing so far! Sprint needs to stop playing with my emotions! I should have gotten it first!!!! Ok, I am done with my hissy fit.....FOR NOW...

Journeyman

Same here. Today is the day I was going to return my Note 2 to Sprint, 14 days after purchase, if not update. STILL NO UPDATE! Come on, Sprint! Everything else about you has been great but this! 🙂

I want my multi-tasking function as advertised by Samsung! Thanks!

Journeyman

Thanks for the info, 14KNIGHT!

Sprint Product Ambassador

I received my firmware update yesterday. It *IS* rolling out OTA so be patient.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat