cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, so what phone is worth getting starting in July?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so what phone is worth getting starting in July?

I'm eligible for upgrade in July and have been wondering if I should even stay on Sprint.  But the one phone i've been eyeballing is the new Evo 4G LTE, as i will never ever again buy anything from Samsung.  But the Evo is even having problems from what i've seen..so now i'm frustrated.  And it looks like you only get to choose from the new phones anymore with Sprint they dont even keep the older ones around.  So is there anything worth getting that won't break down on me right after I re-up?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Samsung Galaxy SIII will be my next one, I think with the issues with the camera on the EVO right off the bat kinda irked me lol. Our display phone has that exact issue.

I mean with 2GB of RAM and the intelegent software Samsung added looks interesting to me. If I were you I look into that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

your gonna lose your mind reading through all the complaints and posts on this site. i only speak for myself when i say i absolutely love my evo 4g lte i came from the original evo and everything about it is better than original. i have not had a single issue with any of the software camera screen wifi signal strength battery kickstand email web etc...etc... im on day 5 and im lovin it. ALSO keep in mind everyone is not gonna run to the site to tell you how good the phone is. thats why there is 95% bad 3% good and 2% who should not have even posted. Choose wisely by the time your ready to upgrade you can go into a storecplay with both of the phones and make a better decision. i had removable battery on old evo and still has to charge it 2times a day i say this because i am now on  1day 3hrs 12mins 16secs 16% remaining on 1 single charge thats a good battery to me

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Jaran that is true, i will keep that in mind that people dont run to say something is good lol.  I may have to go in the store and play,

azonx i'm sorry Samsung was already on my list..but after reading articles etc how they are always last to roll out software updates i'm finished.  i thought it was just my Epic but apparently Samsung as a company goes by that philosophy.  i'm out lol plus all the things i've heard over the past few years about all the mods and customizations u can do with HTC phones i was only looking at the new Evo.  thanks for ur feedback though both of yall!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jaran38 wrote:

your gonna lose your mind reading through all the complaints and posts on this site. i only speak for myself when i say i absolutely love my evo 4g lte i came from the original evo and everything about it is better than original. i have not had a single issue with any of the software camera screen wifi signal strength battery kickstand email web etc...etc... im on day 5 and im lovin it. ALSO keep in mind everyone is not gonna run to the site to tell you how good the phone is. thats why there is 95% bad 3% good and 2% who should not have even posted. Choose wisely by the time your ready to upgrade you can go into a storecplay with both of the phones and make a better decision. i had removable battery on old evo and still has to charge it 2times a day i say this because i am now on  1day 3hrs 12mins 16secs 16% remaining on 1 single charge thats a good battery to me

Just ignore the complaints as they do not pertain to your phone.  Be thankful that you dont have the kind of issues as some of your fellow Evo LTE owners are having.  Just as everyone is not going to run to the site to speak of how good the phone is, everyone is not going to run to the site if they are having issues.  They will be going to repair stores and calling the CSR's.

Any phone you get these days runs risks or having issues.  if you are worried about it, then don't get one.  And OP I agree with you, I will never purchase another Samsung ever again.  They make an ok product, but they leave people hanging and do no support their product afterwards.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well Im just prepairing you. I am not saying that you will have the same issue.

I work at a Sprint store and we are getting calls in saying they are having issues with the camera being really blurry and auto focus cannot focus, only way to fix it is to restart the phone. So I checked our display phone and sure enough 2 out of 5 times it did it, so we have to wait for HTC to make an offical comment on the matter.

By the way I currently own a Samsung Galaxy SII and I love it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

^^ I think the thing that infuriates me the most is that the issues Samsung phones have are known issues if u have any clue how to use google.  which means if there are articles all over google, Sprint knows about them.  But when you contact them they act like u dont have a clue, dont patronize me.  I keep having an issue with MMS with my Epic, guess what topics i found all over google?  MMS problems with Epic.  The chat person yesterday is like make sure u are doing it correctly...if i started out the conversation saying i constantly update my PRL and disconnect/ reconnect both 3G & 4G..i think i know how to attach a pictrue to a text message.  Then says "it's definitely not a phone issue so dont worry.".. when i've been having this issue for over a year off & on. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow thanks for that info AZ.

Journeyman

Look Im just giving you a suggestion. I am going the press event in Boston for the Galaxy SII on the 12th, if you really want me to I can give you me impressions. But honestly the Galaxy SII is one of the phones we see back the least with issues, even less than the iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

^^ I would appreciate that 4real.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I will do that. Depending on if they have me sign a waiver saying I cant post info, I will do my best bro.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, played with the new phone.

Impressed with the display, very nice high res display, The S-Beam works very well when transfering 1080p videos over to another.

Also camera software is very impressive, pretty much the same features as the EVO 4G LTE. Over all build quality is quite nice, the blue one looks very nice in the light. Did a comparason with the EVO 4G LTE and Im leaning towards the GSIII.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat