cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, so what phone is worth getting starting in July?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so what phone is worth getting starting in July?

I'm eligible for upgrade in July and have been wondering if I should even stay on Sprint.  But the one phone i've been eyeballing is the new Evo 4G LTE, as i will never ever again buy anything from Samsung.  But the Evo is even having problems from what i've seen..so now i'm frustrated.  And it looks like you only get to choose from the new phones anymore with Sprint they dont even keep the older ones around.  So is there anything worth getting that won't break down on me right after I re-up?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks alot for ur feedback man, I was actually in a Sprint store the other day (right after i made this thread i dropped my phone and that turned out to be the final KO for it) and had a chance to play with the EVO LTE.  That thing is pretty nice..but i wanted to see the GSIII too and show my wife who might be coming to Sprint.  I'll go back in a different location and look for it, but i'll keep that review in mind!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the HTC 4G LTE even though we don't have the 4G, etc, etc. I had the Samsung Moment (old, oldated phone).  Software updates were slow and when I'd read about them online, seemed like half the time they didn't work - but that was the Moment.  I have no experience with the Galaxy. I almost waited for the Galaxy but what had me go HTC was the update issue - I'm not going to be a hostage to poor update policy and the GPS - I read bad reviews ongoingly about the Samsung gps capabilities.  The GPS was ridiculous with the Moment.  With the Evo, GPS works like a charm. I can't believe how good it is.  The phone is fast - it has bells and whistles beyond what I understand.  At some point I want to go through the manual and figure it out but so far I've been able to get it to do more than the Moment ever did just by playing with it.  Camera - yes, it was orange. HTC will have to deal with this. However, after I adjusted the white balance to "auto", it's almost perfect.   I'm still not 100% sure it's 100% but it's 10x better than when I got it on factory settings.  I love the phone and am very happy I got it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat