cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old ringtones from Sprint phones from several years ago

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if there is a way to find archived ringtones from some of the Sprint phones from a few years ago. The specific ringtone I am hoping to find is called "Crazy Chicken" and it was on the Sanyo 4900, circa 2002.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Employee

Hello BOYER84, Which phone do you use? I'll do what I can to find the answer to your question.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Hi, thanks for the response.

I currently use the Samsung Epic 4G, and that is the phone I am hoping to find the "crazy chicken" ringtone for. The phone I remember originally having the ringtone was either the Sanyo 4700 or Sanyo 4900.

Thanks!

Wizard

I did some Googling (is that a word?) and there is a few out there. I don't think we are allowed to post links.

Sprint Employee

Hello, the Good thing about using the Epic is that it makes it easy to add your own ringers, and it should accept .mid, .mp3, .ogg, .wav, and .wma (perhaps others). all you have to do is create a series of folders on the SD card (using a file explorer or your computer while the phone is mounted to pc using mass storage) cread a folder named media directly on SD, in media create a folder named audio, within audio create alarms, notifications, and ringtones, place ringtones within any of these three folders(the folder name indicates purpose).

Now the tricky part is getting the ringer you want to put into those folders, unfortunately Sanyo mobile being merged with Kyocera has changed some things for example sanyo ringers are no longer at sanyo's wireless site. and due to copyrights the actual crazy chicken may not be published without their consent. I looked at Zedge's website and their crazy chicken ringer does sound very close to how I remember Sanyo's sounding. I believe they have a few different ones.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat