cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone constantly restarting???

Journeyman

Phone constantly restarting???

I have a samsung galaxy 2, and did the mandatory update yesterday.  Today my phone keeps shutting down and restarting on its own.  I called customer service, and she had me take my battery out and do a couple things, and then said it should solve the problem.  It is still shutting down and restarting on it's own, but now it does it every 15 minutes or so instead of every 2-3 minutes.

Why is this happening, and how can I stop it?? It even does it in the middle of calls.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Nicole

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Phone constantly restarting???

Hey Nicki73, thanks for reaching out to us. It looks like you have an ongoing software issue; my best recommendation is visiting a local repair center. We can examine your phone in an effort to find a solution. You can find a location here: http://bit.ly/zihNln . Thanks.

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

try to backup all you info and do a restore on the phone. If you are lucky to get the old software in it, keep that and do not do an upgrade. I've been reading only issues about the latest upgrade for the SG2.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I have the same problem! I brought it into a repair center and they gave me a new battery and said its "fixed" but mine still shuts down. I brought it in 4 times and it doesnt seem like they know whats wrong with it. I have insurance and they wont give me a new phone so ridicious!

Wizard

Hey catherine.m.ng, thanks for posting; sorry to hear of your issue.

Were any replacement options given to you by the repair center?

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

It's usually the result of a 3rd party app conflicting with the ROM. Sometimes booting to Safe Mode will stop it happening but usually a Hard Reset is required a sa user may have too many apps installed to narrow down which one(s) is causing the problem.

I've had it happen on my LTEVO. only way I could stop it was doing a Hard Reset. After which, installing only the apps I use seemed to have cured the problem as it hasn't happened since. It even did it when booted to Safe Mode which is supposed to disable all 3rd party apps.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Hi Giovanni,

I went to a repair center 4 times and got my phone reset 4 times. In addition to getting a hard reset, I got 4 new batteries. The only option they gave was giving me a new battery, i requested a new phone the 1st time because i was still under 1 year warrenty from Samsung. Regardless, i have insurance on my phone and if its not working i think that my phone should be replaced. The phone is even acting more crazy now automatically turning on 4g & Wifi. I'm at a loss since I do not have the time to keep running to the Sprint Repair center when all that is being done is the same thing over and over and nothing is being resolved. The battery does not seem to be the issue since it had been replaced 4 times already.

@ Smorts - after the hard reset the phone was back to stock - no applications. The minute i get home, the phone rebooted! I thought it would have been an app issue as well so i didnt DL anything and it was still rebooting. So i brought it back to the store and they gave me a new battery and did another hard reset.

Master

Battery won't do anything, or at least hasn't in the past, but if it does then great. However I suspect it will probably do it again and if it does then it's something wrong with the ROM and/or device itself.

If possible, continue using it for a while without installing any 3rd party apps. Because if it does start restart looping again, then you want to show them that the battery didn't work and that you have no 3rd party apps installed.

Keep us informed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

catherine.m.ng

I would like to take a look into this myself for you. Can you please Private Message me so we can see if I can get this resolved; please include your account name, number, pin or answer to security question as well.

As for the phone turning wifi and 4g on itself that is the Sprint Optimizer which was released with the recent update; you can turn this setting off by going to menu -> settings -> more -> mobile networks -> connections optimizer ->uncheck box.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat