cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrades

Journeyman

Phone upgrades

Why do I have to pay the same amount of money for a new phone as someone who does not even have an account with Sprint even though I have a $150.00 phone upgrade?  So what is the $150.00 phone upgrade used for?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Phone upgrades

It allows you to get all rebates on the phone like new customer

Journeyman

Phone upgrades

Actually to me it allows you to review other phone services as they offer the exact same pricing so it doesn't encourage you to say on with Sprint.  At least that's the way I see it.  I too have been looking at the 4G phones and if there is no incentive for being a 10 year customer then now is the time for me to look around. Guess Sprint feels like their plans will offset anyone looking to change. Not sure it is the best strategy but it is a plan!  M

Phone upgrades

The upgrade pricing does feel like the same as a new customer but with the demise of the Premier program will bring more discounts to longtime customers.

Journeyman

Phone upgrades

A few years back I did use my upgrade discount to try a new Samsung smartphone. They discounted $150 off of the price they were offering everyone then. The phone wound up costing me nothing. After a week, I hated it, and went back to my old Nokia, no harm, no foul.

But now, they try to convince you that you're getting a special discount, when they're not giving you half the consideration that Sprint used to be famous for. Like Nordstrom's, their past reputation for excellent customer service has carried them a long way but now most C/S representatives are relying on a script to sell you on their policies, with rude and impatient tones if you are being the compliant customer.

It probably wouldn't bother us as much if they weren't taking the stance that they ARE giving us loyal, long-time customers a discount...

Yeah, it would.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone upgrades

The one year Upgrade is over Eventhough you are "long time customer". Now you'll get your $150 off not after two years of service but after 20 months. That is the difference. Kiss goodbye to your $75 every year.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat