cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon mobile hotspot problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Photon mobile hotspot problem

I just recently got a Photon 4g with mobile wifi and i have an xbox 360. It can connect but its not a good one. The connection menu says it is 4 bars but it only play online with 2 at the most. Gamer concern.... i tried all the wifi channels but they all end up the same. Is here any way (without having to pay for another hotspot) that my connection can get better to insure my money is not being wasted on this wifi. Im not too far from my local sprint provider so i really dont see that as an issue. If there are any advisable responses, they will be appreciated. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Photon mobile hotspot problem

Lancekakashi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Photon hotspot on your Xbox.  First let me urge you to track your usage when using your hotspot on any kind of streaming service (like gaming systems).  These can rack up data usage very quickly, and we definitely want to make sure you do not go over your data limit.  That being said, I'll need to know more information in order to better assist you with your issue.

1.  You mentioned your connection menu says you have 4 bars, is this on the Xbox or the Photon?

2.  What is the physical address where you are most using your device?  (If you're more comfortable, feel free to send this to me via private message)

3.  Are you connected to 3G or 4G?

4.  Are you experiencing any other issues at that location?  (Voice, data browsing on the phone, text, etc)

5.  Are you receiving any errors from your Xbox at all when connected to your hotspot?

I look forward to hearing from you so I may better assist you with your concerns.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Well i will answer the questions for you in order except one.

1 the four bars appear on the xbox (sadly meaning nothing due to me connecting to a 1 bar connection to it and it was twice better)

@

2 this one i cant answer yet.

3. always 4g

4. No other issues really just the main one.

5. The error message i get is "You can connect to Xbox Live, but your current network configuration may limit your online experience. (NAT Error)

Wizard

Lancekakashi,

Thank you for sending me this information.  When reviewing your location, it appears as though you live in "On Street Only" 4G.  This means that your 1 bar of 4G coverage is to be expected when in your home.  The error you are receiving is because your ping rate is most likely too high due to the low connection.  You might experience a more consistent (albeit slower) connection using 3G.  4 bars of 3G versus 1 bar of 4G will most likely be around the same speed (possibly faster) but your ping rate will be lower and you'll have a stronger success rate.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Another option is try to get your repeater (your phone I suppose in this case) to a place between the tower and the game console where it has the clearest line of sight to both and see if that works out.

If you have a window (electromagnetically more transparent than a wall) that happens to have a clear line of sight ouside toward the direction of the Wimax source antenna, you may pull a signal adequate to your needs.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat