cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Would you Like Sprint to Get Nokia WP7?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poll: Would you Like Sprint to Get Nokia WP7?

Just want to get a sense how many people will like to get thier hands on a Nokia Windows Phone on Sprint.

Here is some info on some of the phone Nokia is planning to release.

Fron WinRumors.Com

http://www.winrumors.com/nokias-windows-phone-sun-device-details-leak-due-in-november/

Details on another Windows Phone Nokia device have emerged, indicating that Nokia may have a number of handsets on offer at launch.

Nokia’s “Sun” Windows Phone device has been revealed in a posting at a french Windows Phone site.Monwindowsphone.com reports that the Nokia Sun will be made available between November 7 and 13, shortly after Microsoft’s Nokia World conference. The phone includes the following specifications:

• Windows 7.5 Phone Mango
  • 1.4Ghz Processor
  • Unibody shell polycarbonate
  • 16GB storage
  • 8MP camera
  • 3.7-inch AMOLED screen
  • Micro sim card
  • Available 7-13 November 2011

The Nokia “Sun” appears to be similar to Nokia’s “Sea Ray” and “Sabre” devices. It’s possible that both names are simply codenames and that the Sun will become the final branding for at least one of them.Nokia “Sea Ray”

• Clear Black Display CBD
  • CarlZeiss
  • 8MP AF
  • 3.7″ amoled screen
  • 16gb internal storage
  • 1.4gHz processor
  • Mango WP7.5
  • battery 1540mAh

Nokia “Sabre”

• interchangeable back cover
  • CBD
  • 25gb skydrive
  • 3.7″ LCD
  • 8gb internal storage
  • 5mp AF
  • 1.4gHz processor
  • Mango

Nokia “Ace”

• 4.3″ amoled
  • 1800mAh
  • carl zeiss
  • 8mp AF
  • mango+
  • HSPA+
  • CBD
  • 1.4 gHz processor
  • 16GB internal storage

Nokia is expected to unveil its first Windows Phone powered device at its Nokia World 2011 conference in London later this month. A large number of Microsoft employees will also be speaking at Nokia World to detail the latest improvements with Windows Phone 7.5 and presumably some of Nokia’s software enhancements. Nokia is believed to be preparing its “Sea Ray” device for the first official public unveiling, alongside “Ace” and “Sabre” devices. Nokia Windows Phone devices are expected to hit shelves in time for the holidays.

95 REPLIES 95
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you man. Its time to get real and release multiple phones everywhere including Sprint. WP7 has alot of potentials but most people do not realize it. I have EVO 4G but I will not upgrade to until I get a decent WP7. I can profile myself as a typical wp7 user.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been waiting for a keyboardless WP7 phone for a year now. May just have to pick up the new iPhone on a new contract and give MS a couple of years to get WindowsPhone better established. Shame on Sprint for dragging their feet.

-MT

Highlighted
Journeyman

If they get a Nokia they'll have my money in hand by tomorrow.
If they get an HTC as well.... I don't care, as long as I get rid of my fucking EVO 4G. That being said, I had enough. I want a new WP7 now!

Highlighted
Journeyman

We need more details from Sprint..We know AT&T are getting 3 new WP7.5 phone WHAT'S (Sprint)

http://www.winrumors.com/overview-of-all-new-windows-phone-7-5-devices/ 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think Verizon has announced anything new yet either. I think it's just a waiting game for CDMA models from the OEMs. 😞

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would be interested in investigating a Nokia WP7 device.   I fondly remember my old Nokia analog phones from years ago.  Those phones were solid and well built.

Regardless of mfg, I do want a quality WP7 device that is not too plasticky and has some metal around and under the hood.  Has to have a quality look and feel. 

If available at Sprint...I would purchase a HTC Radar in a heartbeat which is a 4g CDMA phone!  I think they are offered in both white and grey with the aluminum trim bezel.  T-Mobile is releasing the Radar on their network Nov 2.

I sincerely hope Sprint comes up with more WP7 choices before the holidays.  They would sell quite well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im definately interested in a WP but the selection is horrible.  Besides the fact that sprint only has one offering there just really arent any "sexy" designs out there yet.  Im totally on board with the software side of it and Im not that concerned about the chipset and how many cores it has since microsoft seems like its doing a good job controlling hardware and software so that the user experience is good across all models and carriers.  But the only phone design that I have seen that has me excited is the Nokia searay, that is one sexy well designed phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If Sprint comes out with a nokia WP7 phone that looks like the N9, I would most definitely be all up on that.  I may even switch carriers if some other carrier were to get it instead.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm right with you Kelson.  The N9 hardware is truly amazing and the WP7 variant would be my purchase today.  I'm hoping Nokia announces CDMA phones for Sprint since we have seen no word on a Samsung Focus S or HTC Titan for Sprint.  If they can't pick up any of these phones, it's been a good run with Sprint but I will leave. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to see a new WP7 on Sprint's lineup.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nokia World 2011 starts in two days. Perhaps we'll hear something then: http://events.nokia.com/nokiaworld/

-MT

Highlighted
Journeyman

Add me to the list of people considering a jump to AT&T.  I've been with Sprint for 12 years and I think the only real chance that I'll stay is if the Samsung Focus S is announced for Sprint within a month or so.  I also like the Titan but I expect that to stay GSM-only for a while, or forever.  BUT, if I am going to switch I'll see what Nokia has to offer.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat