Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Would you Like Sprint to Get Nokia WP7?

Journeyman

Poll: Would you Like Sprint to Get Nokia WP7?

Just want to get a sense how many people will like to get thier hands on a Nokia Windows Phone on Sprint.

Here is some info on some of the phone Nokia is planning to release.

Fron WinRumors.Com

http://www.winrumors.com/nokias-windows-phone-sun-device-details-leak-due-in-november/

Details on another Windows Phone Nokia device have emerged, indicating that Nokia may have a number of handsets on offer at launch.

Nokia’s “Sun” Windows Phone device has been revealed in a posting at a french Windows Phone site.Monwindowsphone.com reports that the Nokia Sun will be made available between November 7 and 13, shortly after Microsoft’s Nokia World conference. The phone includes the following specifications:

• Windows 7.5 Phone Mango
  • 1.4Ghz Processor
  • Unibody shell polycarbonate
  • 16GB storage
  • 8MP camera
  • 3.7-inch AMOLED screen
  • Micro sim card
  • Available 7-13 November 2011

The Nokia “Sun” appears to be similar to Nokia’s “Sea Ray” and “Sabre” devices. It’s possible that both names are simply codenames and that the Sun will become the final branding for at least one of them.Nokia “Sea Ray”

• Clear Black Display CBD
  • CarlZeiss
  • 8MP AF
  • 3.7″ amoled screen
  • 16gb internal storage
  • 1.4gHz processor
  • Mango WP7.5
  • battery 1540mAh

Nokia “Sabre”

• interchangeable back cover
  • CBD
  • 25gb skydrive
  • 3.7″ LCD
  • 8gb internal storage
  • 5mp AF
  • 1.4gHz processor
  • Mango

Nokia “Ace”

• 4.3″ amoled
  • 1800mAh
  • carl zeiss
  • 8mp AF
  • mango+
  • HSPA+
  • CBD
  • 1.4 gHz processor
  • 16GB internal storage

Nokia is expected to unveil its first Windows Phone powered device at its Nokia World 2011 conference in London later this month. A large number of Microsoft employees will also be speaking at Nokia World to detail the latest improvements with Windows Phone 7.5 and presumably some of Nokia’s software enhancements. Nokia is believed to be preparing its “Sea Ray” device for the first official public unveiling, alongside “Ace” and “Sabre” devices. Nokia Windows Phone devices are expected to hit shelves in time for the holidays.

95 REPLIES 95
Journeyman

YES..!  Not sure why Sprint has abandoned the Microsoft line.  Our company plans to drop Sprint in 2012 if they do not pick-up something other than the Arrive.  Tired of the android stuff... MS works much better for work related email, calendar, etc. phone.

Journeyman

I just read the review on Engadget for the N9 (which was dead before it made it to market) with MeeGo. That phone looks pretty slick! Would make a sweet Windows Phone. I have actually never owned a Nokia phone but am hopeful that they will have something that Sprint is picking up. I'll be watching as many feeds from NokiaWorld as I can. :: crosses fingers ::

Journeyman

:: sigh :: WELL they did it again! Just read they are releasing ANOTHER Android phone - the Samsung Transform Ultra. 😞

Journeyman

Well, I must say I'm slightly dissapointed by the Nokia launch today. The quality and value looks good, but these Nokia phones would have made great initial launch Windows Phone 7 (not Mango phones). Without a a front facing camera on the Lumia 710 or 800 these phones are already outdated. We know the MSFT deal with Skype is complete and we can expect some great skype integration into Windows phone, so why Nokia chose to leave a ffc out is beyond me. Also Nokia wont even luanch in the US until "early 2012". I think Nokia was our only hope on Sprint. I'll wait until December, but if Sprint hasnt released any news on acquiring more Windows Phones I'll be leaving.

Journeyman

While I'm not exactly surprised at this point that Nokia won't be releasing any devices over in the states here, I'm kind of neutral on how I feel about the new devices. I completely agree with your statement about these being 'Windows 7, not 7.5' grade devices though. I think where Nokia will succeed is in their marketing. If ANYTHING, that right there could generate far more interest in the platform. Me, personally, I never used the front facing camera on my phone but maybe once or twice so the lack of front facing cameras (today) isn't a deal breaker for me. I would like to see these carrying more storage space though. I get by with 16GB on my Arrive just fine, but I would personally like to be able to sync my entire music library to it.

So hopefully this is just the beginning of even better things to come...

Journeyman

Understand your dissapointed, but I think you have to look at more at the design and also the Apps they made available. The Navigation app is one of the best out there, they have exclusive music and also great mapping. Remember they made this phone in only 7 months, so imagine what they can do with more time. Nokia phones have one of the better cameras out there, which is what I care about, not to much about the front facing one. I know people who have it and never use it. I have it on my ipod touch and never use it.

I know these first round of Nokia phones are just for Europe but I would hope it comes to the US by early next year and HOPE the Sprint will be there to receive it with open arms.

Journeyman

Don't get me wrong, I love the desigh of both Nokia devices and would choose the 710 or 800 everytime over the HTC Arrive. However, realistically we bow by Sprints track record, it may be 6 months before we see these devices, at that time I feel like these phones (especially the Lumia 710) will really show their age. Steven Elop is correct this what WP7 should have launched with, but I honestly wouldnt use my upgrade on  phone that is moderately better than the Arrive.

Journeyman

So it's looking like CDMA is just not going to be where new Windows Phones appear before next year.  Therefore, I think I have a solution: HTC Arrive from Best Buy for $50.  If I can convince Sprint to activate it on my current (old) plan, then I'll stay.  I have data so I hope it won't be a big fight at customer retentions but I may well end up there.

Journeyman

Yeah I am not due for an upgrade for a while but I hope that more devices come out soon. I just don't want WP7 to go by the wayside. The way I read it today is that higher end devices will come out with the Tango update due out later next year. I hope so. I give Sprint credit for having good Android phones and they got the iPhone now its time to step it up with WP7.

Journeyman

Sprint needs to get more wp7's before they lose alot of customers. We need to put the pressure on sprint by creating a facebook page supporting the demand for more phones and also start a petition!

Journeyman

Past ready for a new selection of WP7 phones. No more slides and alot better selection! Sick of seeing more Androids phones!

Bring the Nokia line, Samsung line.

The Arrive is ok, but I hate the slide...

New WP7 phones soon...Please!

Journeyman

If you make that FB page, please post a link here!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat