cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Would you Like Sprint to Get Nokia WP7?

Journeyman

Re: Poll: Would you Like Sprint to Get Nokia WP7?

The PC Magazine article is precisely why l started moving our business and my family plans.  I started transitioning our small business lines (8) last year.  Our business went from being a single company account to individual reimbursement plans with the advisement that they choose AT&T for WP7.  Zero users chose to remain on Sprint.  We completed that move last summer with our mobile hotspots being transitioned away from Sprint.  During the transition, we made sure to let them know the reason we left was their lack of hardware on the WP7 platform and poor data coverage.

I was willing to give Sprint another shot based on my family plan (cost vs benefit) but it seems pretty clear that Sprint has not gotten the message.  Despite a very vocal and active forum, they've chosen to ignore our requests.  Instead, they've made misstep after misstep and made it clear that they have a vague if not completely clueless understanding of the platform.  Windows Phone got several awards in 2011 for best new tech and currently holds a higher customer satisfaction rating than Android and depending on the survey, over iOS as well.  In contrast, Sprint's only offering is the Arrive which wasn't promoted, had sales staff that was not only clueless about it but actively turning people away from it, and was a mid-level offering priced at a premium price at launch.

I've been holding off renewing my lines with Sprint but this cinches the deal.  When my last line is done with the contract, I'm done with Sprint.  I've been with them since 1998 and I find it crazy that they're so obstinent that they can't see their way to satisfy a few users with some good quality WP7 phones.  To the VP in the PC magazine article, I sincerely hope you guys don't bankrupt your company.  We need something to keep the cost down on the other carriers.

Journeyman

Great Great feedback and I agree with everything you have just said. My wife is on Verizon all my friends move from Sprint to ATT.

Its amazing to me that a company like TMobile takes more chances on new phones and platforms. I understand that you guys have to make money and WP7 is not the top selling platform. but when you guys put out the biggest WP7 phone when all the phones are getting thinner. Also no advertisement. but again I'm not going to worry about it too much i'm moving my account to ATT of Verizon.

Journeyman

Journeyman

wow.. this is such a bad business move by a executive of a company to isolate a group of your customers saying the product is no good and not keep it to your self is mind blowing.. You might lose a couple of customers and might not hurt the company now but the word of mouth theses customers will spread about this bad experience and if a new company in the future has a hot phone like the iPhone was might not want to be on Sprint because the bad mouthing this executive did on windows phone keep the comments to your self and this grudge should stay private! FIRE THE BUM 

Journeyman

Yes. It would be great to have a Nokia WP7, especially with Sprint's unlimited data plans. I am waiting to switch from my current service to Sprint when a Nokia WP7 is introduced. I really hope I don't have to wait till August/September time frame.

Journeyman

Everyone I started a Facebook page dedicated to the Petition. The link is below. Please let me know if you are able to interact with the page and let me know if you have any suggestions.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sprint-Windows-Phone-Petition/233098660099425

Journeyman

I have been waiting for the Nokia Windows phone since Feb 11 when Microsoft announced it. I have seen the Nokia Lumina 800 in Nov in Europe and loved it. I have waiting to know when the US-Sprint will release it and found out … nothing, it goes on AT&T – I guess we will need to switch our whole account, 4 phones.

Journeyman

it is upseting to be with a company who does not have what u want......however, SPRINT IS IN 3RD PLACE.   ALthough in 3rd, they HAVE WAY LESS CUSTOMERS THAN AT&T & VERIZON!!!!   LOOK at the facts.....ANDROID phones are dominating the market, followed by APPLE,  BLACKBERRY In 3rd with 15% of the market & WINDOW PHONES holding 3% of the market!   Why would sprint really place stake in that market?

Journeyman

They took a chance with WebOS with the Pre and Pixie and that OS didn't have half the backing WP7 has from MS.  So I'd ask you why not?  Didn't Sprint also introduce and back the Kyocera dual screen Android phone? How did that work out for them?  With Nokia and others in tow providing top notch hardware and MS's backing of the OS I'd say it's a better risk than some of the one's Sprint has taken.  Sprint decided to pick up the Arrive which out of the first batch of Windows Phones was probably the least liked hardware wise.  Even still the phone has one of the best ratings on their site.  Sprint has also taken a chance on Wimax and now they are making no more Wimax phones going forward.  They should have just gone LTE from the start. Now they are taking the safe approach and being just another vendor of the Androd/iOS status quo.  News alert not everyone wants the same status quo.  I'll voice my opinion when I leave Sprint when the Nokia 900 becomes available. 

Journeyman

So your saying they don't want to take a chance to loose the 3rd spot and become the 4th spot and don't take a chance on becoming the number 2 carrier. I see your point THANKS FOR ALL THE CAPS IT REALLY HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND YOUR POST Smiley Indifferent

Journeyman

At&t has is rumored to have 45 day exclusive with the Nokia 900 so if it true maybe in Aug?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just purchased a new windows phone ( htc arrive )  for my wife this past weekend and I must say for what she is going to use it for it is perfect for her.  I also played with the phone and found that I actually like the interface,  if they can get that interface on the nokia 900 then its a phone that I would purchase.   I am like many others here in the forums who wish that sprint had a better selection of phones.   I love my HTC EVO and have never had a bit of problems with it but If sprint were to sell the Nokia 900  I would probably switch to it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat