Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Would you Like Sprint to Get Nokia WP7?

Journeyman

Poll: Would you Like Sprint to Get Nokia WP7?

Just want to get a sense how many people will like to get thier hands on a Nokia Windows Phone on Sprint.

Here is some info on some of the phone Nokia is planning to release.

Fron WinRumors.Com

http://www.winrumors.com/nokias-windows-phone-sun-device-details-leak-due-in-november/

Details on another Windows Phone Nokia device have emerged, indicating that Nokia may have a number of handsets on offer at launch.

Nokia’s “Sun” Windows Phone device has been revealed in a posting at a french Windows Phone site.Monwindowsphone.com reports that the Nokia Sun will be made available between November 7 and 13, shortly after Microsoft’s Nokia World conference. The phone includes the following specifications:

• Windows 7.5 Phone Mango
  • 1.4Ghz Processor
  • Unibody shell polycarbonate
  • 16GB storage
  • 8MP camera
  • 3.7-inch AMOLED screen
  • Micro sim card
  • Available 7-13 November 2011

The Nokia “Sun” appears to be similar to Nokia’s “Sea Ray” and “Sabre” devices. It’s possible that both names are simply codenames and that the Sun will become the final branding for at least one of them.Nokia “Sea Ray”

• Clear Black Display CBD
  • CarlZeiss
  • 8MP AF
  • 3.7″ amoled screen
  • 16gb internal storage
  • 1.4gHz processor
  • Mango WP7.5
  • battery 1540mAh

Nokia “Sabre”

• interchangeable back cover
  • CBD
  • 25gb skydrive
  • 3.7″ LCD
  • 8gb internal storage
  • 5mp AF
  • 1.4gHz processor
  • Mango

Nokia “Ace”

• 4.3″ amoled
  • 1800mAh
  • carl zeiss
  • 8mp AF
  • mango+
  • HSPA+
  • CBD
  • 1.4 gHz processor
  • 16GB internal storage

Nokia is expected to unveil its first Windows Phone powered device at its Nokia World 2011 conference in London later this month. A large number of Microsoft employees will also be speaking at Nokia World to detail the latest improvements with Windows Phone 7.5 and presumably some of Nokia’s software enhancements. Nokia is believed to be preparing its “Sea Ray” device for the first official public unveiling, alongside “Ace” and “Sabre” devices. Nokia Windows Phone devices are expected to hit shelves in time for the holidays.

95 REPLIES 95
Journeyman

I have an Arrive WP7 with Sprint and would like to see Sprint succeed with WP7 and Nokia.  I am worried about the current Sprint business plan.  Look at their stock price.  Consider their unfunded capital obligations to build out the LTE high speed network and the debt to Apple.  Look at their disastrous missteps with Nextel and Clearwire.  Do the math with the Apple deal...forced to buy 30.5 million iPhones for $20 billion.  They are forced to pay Apple $656 per phone.  If they sell the most expensive iPhone at $399, they will LOSE $257 for each iPhone they sell.  At some point, it's not going to pay for companies to come to the iPhone "well".  It's easy to understand why now Sprint thinks it has to become an Apple store. 

This is my message to Dan Hesse.   You have to go with iPhone because of the financial hole you are in.  But, at this time, you really don't have to market the iPhone...it is selling itself.  Why not think out of the box?  In the USA, the phone companies are doing the marketing for the phones (except for Apple).  Why not go to Nokia/MS and buy into WP7?  Get a committment from them to build out a CDMA phone.  Instead of financially squeezing you, MS/Nokia would welcome your support.  Become the primo WP7 seller in the USA?  Then, each WP7 phone you sell for $399 will net you profit instead of $267 loss like with the iPhone. 

Dan, while you are at it, talk to Google/Motorola and support them.  Take advantage of the fact that the Android and Windows world is looking for allies to battle the Apple juggernaut.  For once, get out in front of Verizon/ATT

Dan, look down the road.  Like anything in tech, no-one stays on top forever.   If Sprint becomes just an iPhone store, ultimately they will fade.  You could be the foreward-thinking Spint CEO that leads the way with Verizon and ATT chasing you instead of Sprint always playing catchup. 

Journeyman

No offense GeneralLee but it doesn't sound like you know much about Windows Phone. You sound like you just conform to what everybody else is doing and ignore anything that says anything different. WP7 is superb. And as far as Microsoft ripping off Apple on a lot of stuff... You have got to be kidding me!!! It's quite the opposite.

Have fun with your products where you can't replace the battery unless you watch a youtube video and void your warranty. And have fun with you mac computers that cost twice as much with lower spec's and aren't able to run almost any software.

On topic: Yes, I would love any kind of expansion (more phones) for WP7!

Journeyman

So first let me be nice.  Congratulations on the iPhone selling so well. But I'm disappoint with Sprint using the Windows Phone HTC Arrivr in your buy back program. You have an image of the arrive covered in poison ivy. http://www.sprint.com/landings/iphone/index.html?ECID=MA:EM:20111014:IL:EM118704:order_iPhone4S

The phone is six months old.  Why not use your blockbuster feature phone the Instinct lovely phone that was. Really really disappointed. Been a Sprint customer for 10 years and for the first time I'm wondering if I should change carriers.

Journeyman

I totally agree. I have an EVO and happy with it, but am really interested in WP7 a Samsung GSII for WIndows would be sweet or a Nokia offering. I really think Microsoft won't screw this up and spread the love to all the carriers not just At&T and T-Mobile.

Journeyman

Windows is sharing the phone with every one, Sprint just DOES NOT CARE.

They care more about worthless dual screen kyocera's that have been discontinued already and iphones.

Sprint offers 1 WP7 the HTC Arrive,which is a good phone but had been released by t-mobile I believe over 6months before Sprint got it. It has a full keypad under the slide out screen,just like the touchpro2.What Sprint doesn't realize or care about is the fact that some of us want some of the models without a full keyboard,just touchscreen.

It blows my mind that sprint passed on the HTC Titan,a 4.7" WP7. They could have had the EVO and the Titan,major fail. Now the Nokias are coming out as well as dual core WP7's and IMO sprint will pass and push iphones because of this ridiculous deal they cut with apple,which should be the final straw in the death of sprint

Journeyman

Throwing my vote down with an "absolutely."  

Journeyman

Will be one of the 1st..If this really happens...

Journeyman

my vote is a yes, i hope so

Journeyman

me to i wont it

Journeyman

Intelligent comments by you guys.  Fanboyism is very annoying.  No matter if it's a I hate all things MS or all things Apple.  I may not own a bunch of Apple products but I admit they make good products.  You rarely can get an Apple fanboy to admit that about MS.  They jump quick to "oh it's MS it's trash" before even trying the product.  I hope Sprint brings in some new WP7 devices as I'm really anxious to get one.  This is from a guy who currently owns an Evo. 

Journeyman

And I just read Sprint changed their graphic! That's a good sign really. Though sad it happened in the first place, it may be a sign that there are more of us out there who want more for WP than we've been given.

Journeyman

I actually switched to ATT just so I could get a WP7 phone, got the HD7S and love the phone and just upgraded to Mango, couldn't be happier, Sprint fell of the wagon on this one, the service is ok on ATT, but a large screen WP7 device on sprint would be awesome. I was a customer of sprint for over 15 years and they lost me because they didn't adapt, I still have a family plan with other people on the account but after they saw my cool WP7 mango device they are ready to make the switch!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat