cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting possible?

Journeyman

Porting possible?

Hi, my friend asked me that I wasn't sure so I'm asking this Sprint community.

My friend have iphone 4 with AT&T service and she wanted to switch her AT&T service to Sprint.  Can she keep the very same iphone 4 device to remain the same phone by change from AT&T to Sprint?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Master

Re: Porting possible?

NO they are different devices - one is GSM and one is CDMA

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thanks.  That's pretty bummer!

Master

Of course when your "porting" to Sprint, you have to sign a new 2 year agreement to get a smart phone data plan on a new line of service, and we'll give you a $450 discount on the iPhone of your choice. 

Wizard

Apple does sell "unlocked" iPhones, but they are only able to be activated on GSM network. Sprint also offers Buy Back program for all devices including iPhones from different carriers.

Journeyman

Your friend might as well buy a new Sprint iphone at the subsidized price if they want to switch with Sprint.  This is the advertised $100 for the iphone 4 and the $200/$300/$400 for the iphone 4s.

I say this because Sprint will require a new customer to sign a 2 year contract that has a $350 ETF.  Even if you bring your own phone you will be put in contract with the full ETF.  If they want to come to Sprint have them sell their iphone 4 on craigslist for a few hundred bucks and then buy a new one with Sprint for $100.  Since Sprint puts you on contract and a full ETF you might as well make Sprint eat the subsidized pricing.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat