cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Early Upgrade

Journeyman

Possible Early Upgrade

I recently started my contract in July i got the iphone 4 8GB my question is i wanted to get the 4s on a upgrade are there fees involved for early upgrade or do i just do a ghost line what im trying to do is keep my plan the same as an individual plan not change to  family plan.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Possible Early Upgrade

At the top of this page click My Sprint > Upgrade, and follow the directions.  It will cost you a substantial amount of money to do an early upgrade if you got your new phone in July.

Journeyman

The easiest way to do this would be add a family member to your account. Start up a new line of service under a Family Share plan. With Family Share, the first 2 lines are included without additional fees. Lines 3-5 will cost an additional $29.99 per month.

So if you're on an idividual plan right now and would care to add a family member (or anyone for that matter) to your account and change your service plan, then you can activate a new line and qualify for the new activation phone discounts, which would let you get the iPhone 4S for only $99.99.

Essentially, you would be activating service under the name of the friend or family member you want on your account. THEIR account will get the discount for the iPhone 4S. If you want the iPhone 4S to have your phone number, all you have to do is wait 24 hours after getting the new phone, then go back to your Sprint store and they can do a service swap. So now you'll be able to take the iPhone 4S under your name and number, and the friend or family member you just put on your account will take your old iPhone 4.

Alternatively, you can take an old Sprint phone and activate on your new line and then sell your iPhone 4 back to Sprint for up to $100, thanks to out Green Buy Back program.

Keep in mind, there are always solutions and some are easier than others. Your best bet to get something worked out would be to visit your local Sprint store and discuss your situation with a professional. They will run you through the options, show your the numbers, fees, etc., and lay out your options.

Journeyman

When this happens, is it an upgrade? does the contracts get renewed ? or do I still have the current contract continuing?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When this happens, is it an upgrade? does the contracts get renewed ? or do I still have the current contract continuing?

Journeyman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat