cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with headphones after ICS Update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem with headphones after ICS Update?

I am using a non-rooted Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch.

I regularly listen to music on my phone through wired headphones while I'm at work... they're Sennheiser 202 headphones. There's no mic and no buttons... just the ear speakers.

After the 4.0.4 update installed, my headphones no longer work properly. The audio is quiet and 'lo-fi'. It sounds like only one side of the stereo audio is coming through; I can't hear many of the instruments or vocals. The stuff I can hear sounds distant and echo-y.

The strange thing is, audio is totally fine in my car, when I'm using a 3.5mm aux audio jack that looks identical to the one on my headphones.

Anyone having this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Problem with headphones after ICS Update?

I was actually having the same problem on another Android phone receiving the 4.0.4 update. My headphones did not work any longer, low volume, but my AUX port/cord for my car stereo worked just fine. By process of elimination, I tried another headset and it worked. Have you tried that yet?

Journeyman

I tried another headset -- same issue. It's just weird because both worked before the 4.0.4 update. What's also weird is the aux audio cable in my car is fine -- but it's slightly shorter, so I can't use that without taking my phone out of the case.

Wizard

That is definitely weird. I suppose it was just an anomily for me. I haven't seen any known issues posted regarding this update causing this particular problem. Have you tried powercycling your phone?

Journeyman

I have -- no dice. Since I know certain plugs will work, I guess I just need to mess around with different headphones until I find some that will work. Just annoying that the update made my current headphones unusable.

Wizard

Yeah, I know that can be upsetting. I will continue to do some research and try some of our "test" phones just to see if I can duplicate the error on other phones.

Journeyman

Gotcha -- thanks for the quick response. It really sounds like the phone is playing 1 side of the audio through both speakers. Just for info, if it helps, was using "Sennheiser HD 202" and "CTA Digital U.S. Army Universal Gaming Headset" headphones.

Wizard

Okay, thanks. I wil reply back to the post once I have found some more information.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat