cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Psychotic touchscreen issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an LG Optimus S.  I got it back in the middle of Dec 2010.  From the start it has acted like it is possessed.  It will shut itself off, and even sometimes turn itself back on.  These days it's like there are little bugs inside touching the screen from the inside.  Even when laying flat on a table (hard surface), it will flip between ALL FIVE home screens.  It will push buttons.  It will call people randomly if I have not made sure to turn the screen off.  This morning, I pushed a button to see what time it was and it sent my daughter-in-law a text filled with smileys, p's and i's.  It is getting worse and worse and worse and I don't know what to do about it.  I'm very frustrated with Sprint right now.  The last phone I had was the Samsung Instinct, and other than it running really slow and the touchscreen going out on it (it was old, it was bound to happen I had it for 3 months shy of 2 years), I had NO PROBLEMS with that phone. I got this phone as a package update, but it's getting to the point where I hate this phone.  If anyone has any suggestions that do NOT require me shipping my phone off and paying an arm and a leg, please feel free to drop a line!  I'm desperate here.  I just don't know what to do.  I'm ready to just take the bite and ruin my credit and get a Boost phone or something.  They're phones are getting better and better at least.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Master

I would back up all my info and do a hard reset.  The description of problems indicates software which is corrected in a hard reset.

1. Turn the power off. Pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Home and Volume Down button
  3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device
  5. The “Menu” button is the select button.

You could also visit a Sprint Service and Repair center if you have TEP there is no charge to replace the device if testing shows that is necessary. If you do go to a store backup all your info ahead of time in case they need to reset device, that is why I suggest you do it yourself.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat