cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about changing device on plan

Journeyman

Question about changing device on plan

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy SII, but I am contemplating purchasing a Sprint iPhone 4 from an acquaintance. What do I need to know before I purchase this phone? And will there be any charges for changing devices on my plan? Will I have to change my plan or pay any additional fees each month? Thank you in advance for any guidance/feedback you may be able to provide!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Question about changing device on plan

tinahamburger-  Great questions. In a general, because both are smartphones, there should be little to no change in price required. There is no fee for a swap of a device. If you can PM me your phone number and PIN, I can give you an exact answer for you. Also what would you like to know about the two phones before purchase? -Kris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kris,

Great. When looking for iPhones on sites like eBay, I noticed a lot of people say "clean ESN."Is that something I need to make sure this phone has? Even though I am buying this phone from a friend of a friend, I worry that I might get cheated somehow...Are there any codes or information I need to make sure the seller (or phone) has before I can officially make the purchase and eventual swap?

Thanks again!

Tina

Highlighted
Journeyman

i bought my phone from a friend of a friend of a friend too .  I asked him to meet at the Sprint store, gave the phone to them and they'll verify it for you, they can even port the number right there for you

Highlighted
Journeyman

tinahamburger- Another great question. Usually the term "clean ESN" refers to the ESN not being tied to another account, or reported lost or stolen. In this since it is "clean" to activate. Net.Escape's suggestion is a great idea also. If you would like, I can also check the IMEI of the device, which can be found from within the phone's menu, and let you know the same info. There is no information you should need, except info that is within the phone itself, in order to do the swap. Let me know if you have any other questions. -Kris

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat