cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebates/Amex prepaid card/American Express

Journeyman

Rebates/Amex prepaid card/American Express

I've also have been a victim to the deceptive tactics of Sprint. I ordered a phone in the allowed time for the promotion of the prepaid card. It started out when I ordered the phone online and I signed up for their account limited spending program. I was under the impression that it was to cap my account in a "good" from going over a certain amount. I got my phone in the mail and received a bill a couple of wand whyeeks later showing the price of the phone and whatever setup fees paid in full and my balance being $0.00 and it remained that way for the next couple of weeks. Me expecting a bill to be due soon, I would periodically check my accountvia phone and still there was a zero balance. I even called in to speak with a rep and this person explained that there's no bill due or fee due as of yet. Exactly two days later I'm talking in the phone and my call disconnects. I tried to make calls out and user that data but nothing happened. When I dialed from my phone to Sprint it went straight to their collections department. they were very rude and tried to insist that I pay them over $200.00 to turn my phone back on.Treating as if I was an delinquent customer and this is my first month of service and being hung up on, purposely transferred to purge other departments or disconnected. Someone was finally able to speak with me and adjust my account cap so that I could use my phone and then they sent me the bill which I received a few days or so later. 

Fast forward to a couple of weeks later my account was credited for $100.00 which I thought was in good favor for the inconvenience that just happened. I didn't think anything more of it then Sprint being s stand up company. I thought too soon and obviously too highly because that was just the beginning. Now it's the thanksgiving holiday and everyone was taking about giftcards and I remember that I should be getting one soon from my phone purchase. I call the American Express number suggested in an email from Sprint. I spoke with a rep that searched my name and came back with nothing. She told me to call Sprint to get out straight with them. So I did a search for the email to explain to the lady that Sprint said to contact American Express. while searching the words American Express I come across an email with a weird from/user name and it was from Sprint. This email was a month old stating that upon my request to find a MISSING AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD that they couldn't locate it and instead credited my account. I never filed a report for a MISSING AMERICAN EXPRESS card and had no idea that they did this or could even do this. It was never my intention to use the card for Sprint! So I didn't bother with speaking to a csr because they obviously lie and do whatever they want to do. Instead I went straight to the BBB and filled a complaint. That to me is stealing in o rder to put money back into the company's pockets.

So earlier today I had the pleasure to speak with a Tyrone Handon who is some kind of executive for Sprint(not sure of his exact position). The opening to our conversation was cordial and went downhill fast. He asked me about my card and I explained in partial based on his question asked. He atomically and in a combative way said my claim is dismissed and I won't be sent anything.Still trying to explain what and why this wasn't right he was still being dismissive. telling methat he's not going to do anything etc. of course I raised my voice right alongside of him. He then demanded that I stop screaming which I was not doing it he'll hang up meanwhile his voice is still elevated. He threatened to close my case with the BBB and to which I replied that I'll open another one and he said he dismiss that caseand any other cases I open up against Sprint with the BBB. Which speaks of corruption! Then he hung up.  Even when giving him the days of the call to American Express, the falsified email sent a month prior and even emails from the BB.B he still didn't want to hear it. My call, case opened(bbb) and even my response from him all happen within 2-3 days in chronological order. The only thing that doesnt make sense is the request for this card that I never made because honestly at the time I had totally forgotten about it. This is beyond a scam and if they're making or convincing people to settle for the money being credited to their accounts then this would make it a form of racketeering that only benefits their company.

As far as I'mconcerned its an act of theft and is against the law. The funds were supposed to be distributed via American Express cards to be used however the person who's name on the cards want to use them. My name and this was confirmed by tge American Express rep, wad never in their system. Meaning there was never a card registered, printed or shipped out to be reported lost and/or stolen!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Rebates/Amex prepaid card/American Express

Hi Niikkii9, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry the gift card promotion didn't work as you expected. Sometimes there are complications when processing a special promotion that involves a third party organization. When this happens, we try to find a way to compensate for the loss. This is why we've applied a $100 credit towards your bill rather than prolonging the issue with Amex. Respectfully, we thought to alleviate your bill by $100 for you to recover that money in your own budget.  We do our best to think about the client under such actions.

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

This has happened to me as well.

I ordered another line of service with intentions of the gift card arriving in a timely manor.

Still no card here and it's very annoying.

If I knew it would be this much trouble,i would have never got it or cancelled the extra line.

We pay good money every month for this hassle ?

Journeyman

Hey  Gioman you must can't read. There was no prolonging an incident with American Express because they never received my information to begin with. Sprint credited my account which put the money back into Sprint's pocket (a form of racketeering). So please before you post anything on behalf of Sprint regarding my experience know what you're talking about!

Journeyman

I just got a email back this morning from the BBB saying that they closed my cased based on the fact that I and Sprint weren't able to come to an agreement. The very person (Tyrone Handon) that hung up on me was the one contacted to handle my bbb complaint. He lied which I'm glad he did because it's good to get a liar on record especially if they represent the company that you're having a issue with. He kept posting the same message as his rebuttle whenever I would decline the response from the business. So I just filed another complaint and as promised like he assured me that he would keep dismissing it, I will keep filing a complaint.

This is a form of racketeering and it's false advertising. A company cannot promote a deal to lure in customers then fail to come through on it. Crediting someone's account only puts money back into their pockets and takes away the freedom of use from the customer. Some of you are quite alright with these marketing tactics and don't mind them crediting your account. That works for you and is good enough for you. Let me be sure to clear up what this sprint rewards/prepaid card through American Express is. I was thinking that it's just a giftcard but it's an actual prepaid/debit card that can reused if you want to add more money to etc. If Sprint were to follow through on this deal then that means they would have to send your information to be registered with American Express. Then American Express would have to print out a card with YOUR NAME on it and mail it out to you.

You didn't receive your card because it wasn't American Express but Sprint's intentions to never give it to you!!! It's really not that complicated.

File with the BBB and most likely they'll find a way to not uphold their end of the deal. Yet, you have to remember that the response received through the BBB isn't set in stone. This is still unlawful to do (false advertising and racketeering) ans is punishable by law. Consumers have rights and laws are made for both the consumer and company to abide by. If Sprint doesn't receive their money for services then they could cut off your phone and give your information to bill collectors to hold you responsible for your actions as a bad customer. So they too should be held responsible for theirs.

Journeyman

Hi, Niikkii9 -

I'm wondering if you ever got the rebate card.  I'm in a similar situatation.  I never received the promised rebates but after posting a complaint on the community forum, Sprint offered me a credit.  Haven't yet accepted it.  I can be contacted best by email at emailmike100@aol.com.

Mike

Journeyman

Steve -

I was in the same situation and was indeed offered a credit for the amount promised.  But, I am also interested in why we all had to go through all this trouble and being sure that it won't happen to others.  Please let me know by email at emailmike100@aol.com what you had to go through to try to get the award card and whether you got it resolved.

Mike    

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat