Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating texts!

Journeyman

Repeating texts!

I have the Epic and I am having texts repeat over and over. I'm talking 50 or more in an hour. Its to the point where the phone has to be shut off because its very irritating. Anyone else having this issue Sprint has no answer except resettng my phone and that did not work.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Texting is network not handset - sorry they did the reset.  Is this from one person or all people - or random people?  Is it from people with Sprint or with other carriers?  I will monitor your reply - I am here till 3pm central.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Its from random people. The weird thing is that I know a few people having the issue as well and they all have the Epic also. A friend of mine was told because we had some storms the towers were messed up. That was 2 or 3 weeks ago and we have had stronger storms that that little thunderstorm they are talking about. I find that hard to believe considering one person I know having the issue is 45 minutes away from me and the other who had the problem but not as bad is 5 hours away. Obviously none of us are on the same tower. Most of my texts coming in are Sprint users. Occasionally there is a non Sprint user I get the repeats from but not as often as Sprint carriers.

Master

This might not fix it but one thing that needs to be done is update the PRL. 

1. Press Menu, then tap Settings.
  2. Scroll up and tap About Phone
  3. Tap System Updates, then tap Update PRL.
  4. The Network is preparing your services. Please wait is displayed
    • When the update is completed, you are returned to the System Updates screen.

I am checking on other systems and will update you.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thanks for possible fix, but sadly I have tried that and updating profile as well. Nothing is workings. Its very odd considering my husband has the Epic as well and we are obviously on the same tower yet he does not have the same problem. He did for a day but it stopped. I know its not the phone itself because others have the issue but its weird that everyone I know that has Sprint has the Epic and has the same issue.

ThompsonFamily5,

I agree with Okiestro, it definitely sounds network related not handset related.  On this one I would suggest calling TS at 800-927-2199as their are many variables that need to be identified, more than likely they would need to do a escalation (ctms) ticket after completing troubleshooting.

-Ron V

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat