cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement phones

Journeyman

Replacement phones

Is the replacement phone I am being sent my EVO 3D going to be new or a remanufactured one?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Replacement phones

While I wont say 'never' to a new phone, you typically will receive a remanufactured device for a replacement, whether it is through Asurion or through the Advanced Exchange program.

Journeyman

I received a remanufactured evo and let me tell you it is a piece of junk. Called sprint and they want to wipe it clean. I only had it for a month. My old evo was great other than the charging port broke. Fighting with them now to let them give me a new phone. i am willing to pay the difference but they won't budge. Beginning to hate sprint.

Master

yogibear229 wrote:

I received a remanufactured evo and let me tell you it is a piece of junk. Called sprint and they want to wipe it clean. I only had it for a month. My old evo was great other than the charging port broke. Fighting with them now to let them give me a new phone. i am willing to pay the difference but they won't budge. Beginning to hate sprint.

No manufacturer or carrier will replaced a phone with a new device normally. The phone it is replacing is used, and the replacement will be a certified remanufacturer device. Most of htese phones are simply 30 day exchanges or returns where nothing was wrong physically but it can no longer be sold as new. The manufacturer replaces the outer housing and fixes any issues and sends it out as a certified replacement. There are very few times where a new device would be available instead. In the case of the HTC EVO, it is no longer being manufactured, so the likelihood of getting a new device is pretty much non-existant.

Journeyman

I have had 6 replacement (referbished) phones. None were amygood. If a phone is listed as referbished it means that any scratches, age marks and any visable damage is repaired, Say for 'example a phone that shuts down and reboots itself, that is a softwear problem. They could fix it but it would be costly to replace a mother board. Bottom line "When you get a replacement (referb) phone the odds of it being anygood is 1 in a 100. I contacted BBB twice no help. It's not only Sprint its all the providers do this. Maybe you will get that 1 in 100. Also after you have had 3 replacement phones, you will no longer be able to call sprint and return the phone to them. You will have to go to a sprint repair center. They will take your phone in the back then tell you there should be no more trouble. Few days or maybe even 1 day later, same problem. You will have to go to repair store they will order a new referb, a few days later you will have to go back to the repair store to pick up your "new referb". I did that 6 times. I hope you get lucky.

Master

Replacement phones

I dropped my Evo 4G and went to phoneclaim.com/sprint and ordered a replacement...I got it the next day and it was a brand new HTC Evo 4G that had never been taken out of the package and this was maybe 6 months ago...it came with the charger, micro sd card, battery and everything all together.  It worked perfectly until I got my Epic 4G Touch and traded it in for 90 dollars.  Since the replacement through Asurion was 100 dollars and the trade-in value was 90 dollars, it only cost me 10 dollars.

-John

Journeyman

John glad to hear about your new phone and not getting a referb. I guess you are that "1" in 100.

Journeyman

Replacement phones

Refurbished phones are horrible.......I had issues the very day I got it in the mail....and within the week had to get yet another crappy phone because of a micro phone issues and it just goes on and on and on and Im tried on it!!!!!

HTC EVO SLIDE IS A BIG NO NO.....Im about to be on my 6th or 7th phone now.....with none of it my fault.......this is horrible!!!!!....also a liability to my business.....this is also a breech of contract on their part!!!!.....not being able to make a call or get a call.....pretty sad!!!!!! so wish I could get a darn refund on this crappy phone and move on with my phone......NOT AN HTC!!!! but of course that would never happen!!!!!

Also their speed is crappy, even if I do go a speed a lot of money on a new phone its still going to be slow because of their service, my mom has a lil LG phone with T-MOBILE and hers blew past mine and downloaded the app in a minute......mine 15 mins later still loading??????  mine is a much faster phone too WTH......Im done with this crap!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat