cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply all to text messages received on Samsung Galaxy S3

Journeyman

Reply all to text messages received on Samsung Galaxy S3

This phone is still very new to me.  I cannot figure out how to respond to a group text.  I want to reply to all, but I don't seem to see the option to do that.  Whenever I reply to a group it just goes back to the original sender only.  How do I know if the group has seen my response?  Anyone have any suggestions?

6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Reply all to text messages received on Samsung Galaxy S3

LWASH408,

Thanks for the post. I have done some research on this issue and it seems that you are not the only one with this issue. From most of the things that I have read a 3rd party app seems to solve this. Please let me know how this works for you.

Sean L

Social Care

Highlighted
Master

Can you tap the actual message or next to the message to see if a menu pops up with an option to Reply All? We have similar functionality on the LTEVO, but I'm not sure if it's something HTC wrote or if it's native to Android. I can't imagine HTC actually wrote hte functionality so I'm thinking it's got to be there by default.

Screenshot_2013-02-28-07-02-47.png

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

smorts,

Thank you for providing this usefull information! We appreciate the post.

*Stephanie

Journeyman

I can't find "reply to all" for my group text, which 3rd party does it can you let me know. Tried many apps on S2 and S3 but seems to do that. Thank you.

Wizard

I am sorry to say we can't tell you which application to get. We can only inform you that there are applications for this concern. It will be as if we are advertising one more than another or if we gave you incorrect information about an application we are held accountable.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Master

This is actually should be built in to the messaging system. But it's possible that Samsung didn't add that menu option to TouchWiz which is their User Interface. The Pic I show above is HTC's User Interface called Sense.

Another option is to download Handcent SMS which, if I recall, has a Reply All option in their menu.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.