cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requires a Simply Everything or Everything Data plan and a $10 Premium Data add-on

Journeyman

Requires a Simply Everything or Everything Data plan and a $10 Premium Data add-on

I never could understand this $10.00 charge.When they started to roll out 4G, you had to add the $10.00 for a 4G phones, and even pay it if you didn't live in a city with 4G.  Sprint advertises (to death) the "Unlimited data plan". If I'm paying for Unlimited, why the Premium charge? I never go over 2gig's a month. Premium would indicate that something is better then something else. And the Iphone is 3G only, not using there WiMax 4G, so WHY the charge? What's Sprints definition of "Premium" that's not covered under Unlimited?    (the download speeds are the slowist compaired to other providers of the I-Phone) $10.00 for slower 3G Premium Unlimted, can i just have 3g unlimted, keep your premium??

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree.  I dont understand it either.  Whats BS though is the Sprint rep on the phone kept saying how the charge wasn't for 4G service.  Well thats fine, but it use to be.  Atleast that was the excuse for it about a year ago.  I think they changed it to a "smart phone" charge because they new they were getting the Iphone and it would be a way for them to squeze even more money out of their customers who don't have 4G. 

I really like my Iphone 4S.  But the network is just plain useless on it.  The only way I can use my phone for anything more than text/call is to get on my wifi at home which is what I do.  But during the day when I'm at work, the phone is just a phone. 

I have been with sprint for 6 years.  i do not like the direction they are heading.  From charging additional $10 for "premium data", to lack of 3G data speed, to lack of 4G phones, to data caping the hot spot devices, to only 14 days return policy, to the $35 re-stock fee even if a phone is defective, to the $35 activation fee on a phone line thats been "activated" for 6 years, the list goes on.  I'm not jumping ship yet especially since I just renewed.  But you got 2 more years sprint.  Lets see how ya'll handle it

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat