Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same text message keeps being sent every single day.

Journeyman

My friend keeps getting a text message I sent two weeks ago. It's the same text message every single time. Is there anyone to like clear the queue so that the server doesn't keep sending it? I've already deleted all of my messages sent and received from my friend in attempt to solve this problem but it hasn't stopped. Do I need to hard reset my phone if it's a hardware issue?

I work in an area where my phone only gets roaming reception and sometimes the text messages I type cannot be sent. And then when I do get a good enough reception, the text messages finally send successfully after trying like every so often.

How do I fix this annoying problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Same text message keeps being sent every single day.

It should be said that I need a solution to the fact that my phone keeps sending the same text message without me doing anything. It's like a broken record that won't stop playing. I'm not asking for help on trying to get a better reception. I just need my phone to stop sending the same text message ON IT'S OWN from two weeks ago to my friend.

Highlighted
Wizard

If your phone is the culprit doing a factory reset would fix this issue. There may be other, less intrusive, ways to resolve this on some phone models. On android devices, Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Messaging > Clear data. If these things do not fix the problem, it's likely a network problem or your friend's phone.

What type of phone are you using? Are you using an Airave? What kind of phone is your friend using, and what carrier is he with?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will try this....my Photon is doing this!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been experiencing the same issue. My phone keeps sending the same messages over and over.  I will turn my off, pull the battery, and turn it back on. That typically solves the issue for about 5 minutes and then it does it again. I saw you had asked the previous person if they were using an Airave. I am, and this problem began once I started using that. I am using an HTV EVO 4G. My messages send to everyone, regardless of their carrier. Can you please help me? I've called Sprint numerous times and they send updates to my phone but it doesn't fix the problem! My friends are getting really annoyed!

Highlighted
Wizard

It sounds like a problem with Airave devices that we have been working to resolve. Customers have been reporting duplicate text messages when within Airave coverage. We don't have an estimate for when this will be resolved and it may affect incoming as well as outgoing messages. I hope this helps!

-Donnie

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I have the same issue. One of my friends gat the same message 27 times. Restarting the phone doesn't always seem to work. Since I am on an Airave it is obvious that I can not go without it. Is there anything Sprint does to help? It is frustrating and if these issues keep happening is it maybe a better idea to just cancel my Sprint phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can only speak to what I found to stop this from happening . Just

unplug the airave for a minute or so then plug it back in .

I noticed my phone will give me a error " message not sent "

As soon as I see this I run to pull the plug on the airave . If I do

It fast enough they usually get only 2 repeated messages .

I know if I send to many text messages really fast I will get the

Error message . I hope this helps

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat