cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic 4G, Epic pain in the butt

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Epic 4G, Epic pain in the butt

I have had my samsung epic 4g for a little over a year now. Sure, with all the new phones coming out it, isn't as flashy as it used to be but I figured a "smart phone" (regardless if it is or isn't the hottest phone on the planet) would at least be able to send and recieve sms and make simple calls. It seems like once a week my grand phone decides it doesn't want to do what it was made to do. It is completely random and tends to catch me off guard. None of my texts will go through and my calls will take minutes to connect before they quickly drop. It says the "signal fails" and yet im sitting nicely with 4 bars of service. I pull the battery and hard reset it, nothing changes. I will then try and update my PRL and Profile to see if that makes a difference, which in the end, doesn't. I am so sick of having a nice phone that can't make a freaking call. And "classic" Sprint representatives just tell me to wait for it to fix itself. I'm paying you who knows how much money for a nice phone and services for once a week to have a nice plastic paper weight. It's ridiculous and I just wish somebody acctually knew what to do, vs the bogus info I get from Sprint themselves.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic 4G, Epic pain in the butt

i also carry a sprint work cell (htc) in addition to my Epic, my work phone will be sitting right next to the epic with full service while the epic is roaming.  not to mention if i have to charge the epic all day long or the battery is dead.

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic 4G, Epic pain in the butt

I had the same issues for over a month. They sent me a replacement phone last week. Unfortunately, it resets itself every time I connect to Wifi. Yay technology!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat