cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Epic 2 Touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Epic 2 Touch

I just recently had my phone replaced, unde warrranty, because the port to charge it was loose and could not be fixed. That was great, That was the only thing that was great. The new phone shuts down, resarts and goes on and off as it pleases. I went back to the store and they said my battery is bad. I replaced the battery and it is STILL doing it. I go back to the store nad they say there is nothing wrong with the new phone. I have been a Nextel / Sprint customer for over 15 years and am NOT happy with these developments.

Can somebody help me resolve this phone issue?

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy Epic 2 Touch

JoeChris24,

Thanks for Community post regarding issues that you are experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy Epic 2 Touch. I apologize that you are having continued issues with this device, and I am happy to assist you further. I understand that you mentioned on your last visit to the S&R center, they found no issues with phone. Are you experiencing this issues with device upon using any specific applications? If so, are you able to uninstall said application? Also, when you took your device into the S&R center, were you able to duplicate the issues you reported?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

DePaul,

When I was at the store most recently, they did not look at the phone as the tech person was not there. The rep that I was speaking with witnessed my phone restarting and going through the tiling screen and the 4G logo. The phone was just sitting on the counter when he saw it. There was no specific application running. I have cleared all cache (as per another post).

I asked if they can get another phone and they kept going back to the battery being the problem. Since they told me this 2 days prior I had went out and bought a new battery, had it fully charged and in the phone prior to going back to the store again. So this happened with the new battery as well. The rep and manager(?) could not help me at all.

I use this phone for personal and business and rely on it very much. I need to get it fixed, replaced or a new/different phone as soon as possible.

Thank you for your reasponse, I hope you can help me resolve this today.

Journeyman

Depaul.

I have one other question: I am getting no"bars" on my cell phone when I am in my home? Is there anything that can help me with getting a signal or stronger signal in my home?

Journeyman

- JoeChris24 No matter what way we need to go we can assist you here. Let's start with the reception issues at home.

• Did you have service there before and if so when did you start having issues?
  • Can you give a zip code and cross streets of your location?

As the 2 issues (phone and home reception) might be related let's look into that after reviewing your location.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Journeyman

Dutchie,

As far as the reception issues, they have been going on for a while. I called afew times and I kept being told that upgrades are being done and it should get better soon. That was about 6-9 months ago. My zip code is 60154. Intersection of Roosevelt and Wolf Rds. I actually have full bars at my location now, zip code 60181.

The issues are not related in that the phone restarting issue has only started since I received a replacement phone

in the last few days. My phone has cycled on and off 3 times in the last 30 minutes and I havent even had a call or a text message. Need to get this corrected today if at all possible with a new phone, different phone or whatever.

As I stated before I have been with Sprint a while and would rather not switch unless I have to.

Is there any way I can work with just one person (you?) on this rather than get replies from various people?

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

Journeyman

Any thougths?

Journeyman

- JoeChris24

First off all you can definitely keep working with just one person. Thank you for the detailed information. I do not think the rebooting phone and the network issues are connected. Have you already tried to factory reset your phone? I also do not think it is a battery issue in your case. So we can work on that with you.

Now in regards to your other issue: I reviewed the location you gave. We have indeed been upgrading the whole greater Chicago area since last year. There were some delays due to some local challenges, but are now almost done. As we are completely replacing towers it was an intense process. The tower that covers your location is almost done. When they have a new tower up, it starts as 3g only, then in the 2nd phase LTE gets added. Your tower has not reached that 2nd phase yet,  so I can picture that causing issues. Is that location your home?

Please send me a private message with your phone number and security pin or answer and I will assist you with both issues.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Journeyman

It is great that 2 people have replied to me regarding the post, however, after that nothing has been done. I have not received any calls, replies or notice that anyone is working on this issue. Is this forum for Customer Care a joke or a serious place to get results?

By the looks of the number of views, many people are reading these posts. I hope they sense the frustration in getting a resolution to a problem that existing customers are having.

This issue needs to resolved.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat