Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S III - Black Friday Backorder

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S III - Black Friday Backorder

Anyone know how long the backorder usually takes?  I know they say they'll try to get it out to you in 2-5 business days, but I'm just curious on how accurate this is as I'm sure there were thousands of others who purchased it today as well.

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy S III - Black Friday Backorder

ROCKTHEPOND13,

I'm in the same boat as you, so I feel your pain.  The current information that we have is 2-5 business days.  I know some customers are actually getting their devices sooner than that.  We appreciate your patience and your business.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Wizard

That's hard to predict. If they're shipping it to you, that takes two days or so. I snuck my order in at 1:00 AM on Thursday, it shipped Friday morning, and the box hit my step this afternoon. YMMV, but that's pretty fast for free.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i also purchased mine at 1 am thursday morning, recieved it at noon today.  i was afraid that they were going to be backordered so i made sure i was awake to order as soon as they went on sale.   i too was surprised that they shipped it next day air, for free

Highlighted
Journeyman

got mine today ordered thurday night. what serial number do you use for upgrading the phone?

Highlighted
Master

realtorrochester- "what serial number do you use for upgrading the phone"? Are you asking about what Electronic Serial Number(ESN)  you use to swap the new device?

Let me know

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also ordered mine Thursday morning and it got delivered this afternoon. I was surprised to get it so quickly. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

realtorrochester wrote:

got mine today ordered thurday night. what serial number do you use for upgrading the phone?

either the hex or the dec.  when you go thru the process on the website it will show you a picture of them as well

Highlighted
Journeyman

How long does it usually take for the stores to receive merchandise that's backordered?  My husband and I ordered the SIII on Thursday and we received a call on Saturday from the store saying that they were on backorder and that it would take them 7+ days to receive the new phones.  I tried calling all day so that I could change the shipping address and have it delivered to my house instead, but after four attempts and being on hold for 30+mins, never got to do it.  If I ever manage to change the shipping address, will it still be faster to receive it at my house vs going to the store?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered 2 of them on Black Friday after they had been placed on backorder.  They will arrive tomorrow, they're actually sitting in the UPS wherehouse around the corner from my house RIGHT NOW, but they will be delivered tomorrow and they shipped out Monday Morning.  So they said they were backordered I presume to ensure they had plenty to get out, but if they shipped mine on monday then they had a ton of them already.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The SAMSUNG L710 WHITE 16GB are still on back order. The pebble blue one showed up today but my white one is still back ordered.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im starting to get heated . My order status havent gotten updated yet. Ill feel better after i get a tracking number if that day ever come.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat