cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 coming to Sprint with slide-out keyboard?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been waitng for the new Samsung Galaxy S2 to be available for nearly 6 months. It is my understanding that it will finally be available from Sprint in late July.

I read an article this morning which declared that the Sprint version will have a slide-out keyboard...........THIS IS A COMPLETE DEAL BREAKER as far as I am

concerned.  In fact, I may go to another carrier to get the phone sans keyboard.  Why screw up a perfectly good device?

Is it true that the "GS2 Within" will only be availabe from Sprint with a "crapware" keyboard.  I didn't buy the Epic 4G last year for the same reason.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree...I will be so upset if they go with a slideout keyboard.  I was waiting for the EVO3d for 2 months and the call quality is said to be terrible....now I'm questioning if the S2 will be worth it/

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think what you might have heard about is the rumored Samsung Epic 2, and not the GS2.  From the rumors/articles that I've read the GS2 will have the same form factor as the AT&T and Verizon versions.  I have heard mixed rumors about the release date of this phone, some say Sept and others say end of July - I'm definately hoping for July.  The Photon 4g and EVO3D just aren't doing it for me.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/24/sprints-2011-q3-roadmap-leaks-gives-a-glimpse-of-our-smartphon/

Highlighted
Journeyman

DAGNASTY wrote:

I think what you might have heard about is the rumored Samsung Epic 2, and not the GS2.  From the rumors/articles that I've read the GS2 will have the same form factor as the AT&T and Verizon versions.  I have heard mixed rumors about the release date of this phone, some say Sept and others say end of July - I'm definately hoping for July.  The Photon 4g and EVO3D just aren't doing it for me.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/24/sprints-2011-q3-roadmap-leaks-gives-a-glimpse-of-our-smartphon/

I upgraded from EVO 4g to EVO 3d. I will say it's a VERY NICE phone. A huge upgrade in technology and very pizazz. But, I'm very upset about the speakers. Doesn't anyone test the ring sounds before putting these phones out????!  This feature alone could be what makes me return this phone and get the Samsung Galaxy S2. But, I'm a big HTC Sense fan, not sure about moving over to Samsung??? BTW...NOT a Motorola fan at all, clunky...no Photon 4g for me!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Slide Out Keyboard is a huge advantage IMO versus not having one.....The android touch keyboard stinks compared to Iphone and swype doesn't get it right alot of the time.....If I'm writing large emails or texts I'm using the hard keyboard all day over touch and swype. On the Epic it didnt really add much "size" to the phone and if you feel more comfortable using touch only than you can.....Also the slide out keyboard when open, makes the phone more comfortable to hold for extended periods if gaming, browsing, or whatever....and allows access to all the essential buttons menu, home, back, and search instead of having to push the the same "touch" buttons on the bottom of the phone 2 or 3 times to get the desired action...atleast once to activate.....and again to initiate......

Why would it be a deal breaker to have the best of both worlds?

Highlighted
Wizard

This is somewhat late for the conversation at this point, but the Epic Touch, one of the Galaxy S 2's is touch screen only. No sliding keyboard.

http://now.sprint.com/epictouch/?ECID=vanity:epictouch

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry but HTC always had issues with tinny speakers. Hopefully this will chang with the purchase of Beats by Dr. Dre !!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat