cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 Upgrade

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S3 Upgrade

Just curious... so I am eligible to upgrade my phone and get a $150 discount. But if I were to preorder the S3, it still comes out to the same price ($200) if I weren't eligible for the upgrade discount.

For example: with the upgrade disount, I get $150 off along with $200 off for instant savings. But if I were to add a device to my current plan rather than upgrading, the total price would still come out to $200 since it would just give me $350 off for instant savings.

Why is that? Shouldn't I be able to get the phone for less?

3 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Upgrade

Hi,

Samsung Galaxy S® III 16GB (Pre-order)

• Regular price = $549.99
  • 2-yr Agreement = $150.00 off
  • Instant Savings  = $200.00 off
  • 2-yr Agreement and Instant Savings total $350.00 off ($150 + $200)

**Your final price: $199.99**

I do apologize if it is confusing. But your $150 off is bundled in with the instant savings to give you the highest discounts possible.

Thank you,

George

Journeyman

I am still sort of confused.

So, with what you are saying, I would get my $150 upgrade discount since I am eligible. And then that is bundled with an extra $50 off because of the instant savings? Which would total to $200, correct? Then that would add to the 2-year agreement which is $150 off... totaling to $350 off.

I just don't understand why the phone would be the same exact price compared to if I weren't upgrading anything. Because, for example, if were to add another phone to my plan, it says that the instant savings and the 2-year agreement are bundled together for $350 off... which would be no different to if I upgraded my phone, with what I said previously.

Highlighted
Journeyman

in other words when ever you sign a NEW two year contract you get the same discounts. when you upgrade you sign new two year contract. when you add a phone you sign a new two year contract.

your 150.00 off is for a new contract (the 150.00 upgrade discount is because your signing a new two year contract) (add a phone you still sign a new two year contact)

then you get a instant 200.00 off

or just look at it like this when you add a phone. your upgrading from no phone.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.