cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Instinct Issue/Not working - Help Please

Journeyman

I have an issue with my instinct and had a customer service rep chatting with me a couple of weeks ago to see if they could help - Cynthia was her name.  She told me there were no restrictions and she was going to do a couple of things while I waited that should fix it. So I waited the 15 minutes and then hour for my phone to do whatever it was supposed to do (work) after she was done-like she said to do.  It didn't work. The only thing I can do is make a call with my voice command.  I cannot do anything that requires me to deal with the touch screen.  The touch screen doesn't work.  No, the screen isn't cracked, it didn't get wet, etc.  It just woke up that way one day. At first I could answer some calls, but it took me several times of trying to touch the screen to answer the calls - then it completely stopped working after about a week of that. My alarm goes off and I just have to let it keep going or shut the phone off.  When someone calls I either have to wait for them to hang up and the call to end and then shut the phone off and turn it back on so I can call them back with a voice command call or just ignore that they called.   That takes a while to do that and if someone needs me quickly - that doesn't work.  I do not want to sign up for another two year agreement just to upgrade my phone to another one that won't work - so I may look around at someone else - Verizon maybe.  Just frustrated.  I'd rather go back to having a land line that keep dealing with messes with these phones!!  Why did my phone/touch screen stop working??  Anyone else had issues like this with the Instinct??

Thanks!!!

TW

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

First Instincts are kinda old, second it sounds like your phone just died and you need to replace. It happens. Also EVERY phone company (Verizon included)  is going to ask you to sign a 2 year agreement to get a phone with a discount unless you enjoy paying full price. Note that Sprint offers the best plans at the lowest prices. Your other option is to get a pre-paid cheapy phone.

Sprint Employee

Hello 4358502264tw, My sister in law had the exact same problem, she tool the phone into a service center, and within 45 minutes they had reseated her touchscreen and it still works to this day. If you are using the original Instinct then you may have been using it long enough to qualify for upgrade pricing. if you are not in a position to upgrade, or have reservation against renewing your service agreement you should definitely go to a service center, if you have TEP or ESRP they will repair/replace at their discretion/as appropriate at no cost to you provided there is no physical damage. If you do not have insurance the charge would be $35, this will not renew your agreement with us. If there is physical damage found they will ask that you call asurion if you have TEP/ERP and pay a deductible for replacement. Please let me know which option sounds the best for you.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Well - thanks for your help.  You see the good thing about not being in a contract is that I CAN go wherever I need to or decide to.  My choice.  I won't pay full price for a cell phone - haven't ever done that and don't plan to anytime soon - it's ridiculous.  Instincts are not really that old considering I had my last cell phone for about 4-5 years and it worked fine that whole time.  Phones break(die) because they aren't made well in the first place in my opinion.  It's ridiculous to me that you have to get a new phone every year or two because they 'just die'.  I only need a phone to call people and answer when they call me.  I don't have to text - don't like that texting has taken away face to face communication and don't need a data plan to get pics of my family.  I can do that another way...with a good old fashioned camera.   I do know what my options are so you didn't need to point them out - saying I could get a pre-paid 'cheapy' phone. I only asked if anyone knew what might be wrong with my phone.

Thanks for the information.  Have a nice day!

TW

Journeyman

I think I will take it to a service center.  Don't have insurance.....but could and would be willing to pay the $35.  THANKS BUNCHES for your help.

Sprint Employee

Here's a fun document from the EPA regarding the life cycle of a cell phone. they state that "cell phones are only used for an average of 18 months before being replaced-even though they can function for much, much longer." my last phone I used for 3 years, and still keep it in my backpack I.C.E., it works very well, they may be able to fix your phone fairly easily.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat