cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Trender won't recognize microSD card for music

Journeyman

I put a microSD card (64MB) into my son's new Trender.  Computer sees it.  Phone sees it.  I copy music files (.m4a) to his phone, but Trender says there is no music saved to the card.  Files are same format that play on my EVO.  Also, when I reboot his phone, the Trender says there is no memory card inserted.  It only recognizes the card right after inserting it.  Any help as to how to get phone to treat memory card correctly and see sideloaded music files would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

That file format is not supported on that device

Additional Phone Specs

• Chipset: Qualcomm QSC6055
  • Phone Book Type: Internal assign up to 600 contacts
  • Display size: Main 2.8"
  • Browser Type: NetFront v3.5.1;Access
  • Java: MIDP 2.1
  • Launch Software: ED-01
  • Memory: 128MB RAM; 256 MB ROM; 46 MB Total MB Download Capacity
  • Dimensions: 4.2 x 2.2 x 0.6 inches
  • Ringer Types Supported:
    • MIDI
    • QCELP
    • MP3
    • AAC
    • AAC Plus
  • Audio Supported:
    • MIDI
    • QCELP
    • AAC
    • AAC+
    • AMR-NB
    • MPEG
    • EAC +
    • WMA
  • Images Supported:
    • PNG
    • JPG
    • GIF
    • BMP
    • MWF
    • WBP
    • TIF

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

. m4a is the abbreviation for MPEG-4, which is supported according to your post.

Wizard

Re: Samsung Trender won't recognize microSD card for music

You said you have a 64MB card inserted, did you mean to say 64GB instead? If that's the case, the Trender supports up to a 32GB sd card. That would be interesting since you say your phone recognizes the card... Do you have a smaller SD card you can test this out with?

Let me know.

Thanks

David

edit: also... .m4a does have the same file format as .mp4, but for grins, it may be worth trying to convert one of these files to mp3 or mp4 extension just to see.

Journeyman

No, I meant 64 MB.  Was an older (2 yrs?) card from a previous phone. 

So far I have found 2 problems that I had.  First one was the 64MB card only said "FAT" when I checked it to see if it was FAT16 or FAT32.  User guide says card must be FAT16, which I think is a typo as it says FAT32 is an older format.  Anyway, bought a new 4 GB card which was FAT32 and the phone recognizes it fine.  Finally.

Second issue is that the Trender does not recognize mpeg 4 files, whether iTunes says they are AAC or not.  So far, I have found it only recognizes mp3 files, which iTunes will convert when right-clicked and selected.

Wizard

Good to hear the 4gb card is working for the most part.  I would be curious to try this on another Trender just to see if it has the same issues as everything I've researched says you should be able to play your m4a/mp4 files without converting.  Unfortunately my device lab doesn't have a Trender yet, if we get one soon I will definitely test it out and let you know what I find.

Journeyman

Just got my Trender and it also will not recognize MPEG-4 audio.  Any fix for this??? 

ReaganLathan,

I don't see any documentation on a fix for this on our side.  You can contact the manufacture Samsung at (800) 726-7864.

Thanks!

-Ron

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat