cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung epic 4g update to 2.3.5

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got a message about an hour or so, from the sprint zone about the new update i did what it told me, but in return my phone says that it is up to date?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Master

We are sending out the update in waves so everybody doesn't have it all at once.  If you didn't get it this time, I'm sure you will eventually...just give it time.  I am sorry it said there was an update and then took it away.  Just give it a little more time.

-John

Highlighted
Wizard

Why can't let Sprint let everybody have the update at one time it would be nice if Sprint let everybody have it the update at one time?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The same thing happened to me. I think most of us have been patient. Do we just keep trying to update for the next 10 days or so?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why even send the message to update you software if you not going to let us update our software?

Highlighted
Master

I don't know.  That is true.  It really is wierd to send the "your update is ready" message and then not even actually do the update.  I am forwarding this info to the project director for this update as well as the reports that customers are having trouble with maintaining a GPS lock after the update.-

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the same Sprint Zone message on two phones.  Neither would update.   Tried updating something from the current apps to see if that would trigger.  No cigar.

Bob

Highlighted
Journeyman

In what order are the updates sent out so we know when to check and not keeping looking for it everyday throughout the day?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received a message from Sprint Zone 11/11/11, but it informed the update was on the way and provided instructions on what to do when I get the (actual) message to update. It also instructed what not to do as in.. Don't take your battery out during the update as you phone would freeze and lock and not reboot.

Message is just to be proactive... so we aren't reactive.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did a Google search and found a download so I updated through my pc...don't get your hopes though--the 4G still blows chunks. Earlier today I called into customer service to see what it would cost me to cancel--I HATE this phone, I HATE the fact Samsung is one of the worst carriers in the industry when it comes to updates and I HATE HATE HATE this Wi-Max garbage! I'm paying an extra $10/month for a service which works less than half the time--the 4G is marginally better with Gingerbread than it was with Froyo but is still completely unacceptable.

I do like GB as it has some cosmetic tweaks and put my phone back to stock simply for this update. If the Epic was simply a 3G device I would be okay with it as the 3G speeds have gotten better from Donut to Froyo to GB (if you root your phone they are even better still, but I digress) but there is simply no excuse for the 4G to be as flaky and as inconsistent as it is ESPECIALLY since we are all being socked extra for a "premium data service"...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Received the message today that there was a system update available. After the update was finished installing when my phone went to reboot it is now just going through the startup cycle switching back and forth between the Sprint 4G screen and the Samsung Galaxy S loading screen. Phone will not start despite numerous attempts to remove and place battery back in. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I started getting error message after getting the update message and installing. Now I am constantly getting a "Force close" error message on my Samsung Epic 4G that says "TwLauncher(processcom.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpecedly.  Please try again."

It does this message several times before un-freezing.  I will probably take the phone in, as after rebooting and taking out the battery, etc it is still doing it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat