cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung epic 4g update to 2.3.5

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes, i have 4g epic and its still going to galaxy screen then 4g yellow screen and keeps cycling through for the last hour...

Highlighted
Master

Try the first part of this fix

This does not wipe the device

• 1. Pull battery on device
  • 2. Install battery on device
  • 3. Press and hold Volume Down, Camera and Power Keys until the Android System Recovery menu appears on the screen. This will take about 10 Seconds and the user will first see a “Samsung” screen and then it will load the System Recovery Menu.
  • 4. Using the up/down volume keys, navigate to the “wipe cache partition” option and select is using the main “Home” (looks like a house) button.
  • 5. The device will clear the cache.
  • 6. Using the up/down volume keys, navigate to the “reboot system now” option and select is using the main “Home” (looks like a house) button.
  • 7. The device will reboot and should complete a normal start up process.
  • 8. If the device hangs again, continue with the following steps.
  • This is a factory reset and will erase data on the device contacts sms messages remove email accounts and applications from the device etc
  • 9. Pull battery on device
  • 10. Install battery on device
  • 11. Press and hold Volume Down, Camera and Power Keys until the Android System Recovery menu appears on the screen. This will take about 10 Seconds and the user will first see a “Samsung” screen and then it will load the System Recovery Menu.
  • 12. Before performing the next step, please inform the customer that all the data on their device will be removed and they will need to reinstall applications and enter user credentials for their applications and services. User data stored on the SD card (music, photos, etc…) will not be affected but this action.
  • 13. Using the up/down volume keys, navigate to the “wipe data/factory reset” option and select is using the main “Home” (looks like a house) button.
  • 14. The user will see a “Manual Mode” screen and they will need to press the Volume Up key to confirm the reset option.
  • 15. The device will complete a factory data wipe of the device.
  • 16. Using the up/down volume keys, navigate to the “reboot system now” option and select is using the main “Home” (looks like a house) button.
  • 17. The device will reboot and should complete a normal start up process.
  • 18. If the device hangs again will need to bring the device to a Sprint Retail Store so the issue can be resolved
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have two 4G phones.  The one my wife uses received the OTA update three days agao and it went fine.  My phone has yet to receive the OTA update.  There used to be a way to force a update check and I am wondering if there is a way to do that with my phone?  Both phones were purchased on opeening day together and are on the same account.  I do not know the criteria for updating, but it seems strange to me that there would be a gap.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am.  Did you get a solution?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi everyone. I got the update a few days ago, I like it so far, but the only strange thing I have noticed is, I have several different charging plugs all around my house and work. Some of them will no longer illuminate the red charging LED...they all still charge the phone and the lightening bolt symbol is in the battery level indicator while charging, but the LED itself doesn't work, but only with some cables...anyone else had this problem?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat