cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously, Still not a peep on any new Windows Phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

There has got to be something your company can share with its customers about the status of any new windows phones coming to Sprint in the near future.  With the holiday (buying) season starting now, how can you possibly not have a new device available soon, let alone not know about any?

I have been able to upgrade since August and there has been nothing since the Arrive came out over 8 months ago.  I know you guys are broke and all, but come on seriously.

Hope to here something soon

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Heres a simple answer to your question : no ... nothing is coming. Enough said, theres your answer.

Journeyman

Sprint bet everything they have on the LTE & the iPhone.  If they do not sell anywhere near the amount they have agreed to they will probably go bankrupt.  I do not see them pushing any other phones for quit sometime.  I love my arrive and no new windows phones will be the end of sprint for me.

Journeyman

Enjoy that new expensive bill with no unlimited data ... See yu on the other side of the door Smiley Happy

Journeyman

Enjoy your snide remarks while you can still make them.  How do you think sprint is going to pay for all those iPhones they ordered and their aggressive LTE rollout plan?   

Journeyman cbf
Journeyman

Re: Seriously, Still not a peep on any new Windows Phones

Unlimited data -- sure.  But Sprint now has the slowest 3G data rates of all the major carriers.  WiMax isn't the solution.  Most of their phones don't even have it, and when you turn it on, it sucks battery.  And I agree with Azela -- the only thing LTE is going to do for us current customers, is further cause Sprint's financial situation to deteriorate.  If I re-up all four of the phones in my family plan now, I won't have LTE capabe devices for at least two years.

No one in my family has ever come close to using 2Gb of data.  Not even all four of us combined.  It's just a non-issue for us.  I can move the whole family to T-Mobile right now for the same monthly fee I'd pay to Sprint -- even though I have a 20% Sprint corporate discount.  But I'll probably move to AT&T, because as of November 6, they'll have at least one of the Windows Phone 7.5 devices that I want (Samsung Focus S).

If Sprint hasn't at least announcements some a new Windows Phone 7.5 device by next Monday, my four lines are leaving Sprint.  I'm not interested in the iPhone, and if one my kids is interested -- well, gee, AT&T offers it -- with far faster data rates (HSPA vs. EVDO).

Journeyman

Exist rumors about a HTC Mazaa will come to Sprint, in google I found this uRL http://m.wpcentral.com/htc-mazaa-heading-sprint

Journeyman cbf
Journeyman

"HTC Maaza is a testbed.  It will never go on sale".

http://wmpoweruser.com/htc-mazaa-a-test-bed-will-never-go-on-sale/

Journeyman

I'm giving it until February on 2012.  If Sprint hasn't made any announcements or plans to carry additional Windows Phones, I'm switching my family to AT&T.

Journeyman

After being a Sprint customer for over 10 years, I am ready to switch my family plan to another carrier.  No more premier and no new windows phones.  My family uses under 2GB of data and under 1500 minutes.  I will pay the early termination fee and still be ahead with corporate discounts. 

Journeyman

did you leave sprint like you said?

Journeyman

I will be leaving as soon as my two years are up this month!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat