Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Galaxy S3 32GB Google Wallet Does Not Work

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Galaxy S3 32GB Google Wallet Does Not Work

Google Wallet on the Samsung Galaxy S3 32GB version does not work.

I am getting an error that says "Not Supported: Unfortunately, Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device / carrier.

I know the 16GB versions work.

Sprint please get this fixed so I can buy things faster!

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Galaxy S3 32GB Google Wallet Does Not Work

Thank you for confirming this issue. I've been looking all over for any responses and I thought I was the only one who noticed this problem. Everyone who tried to help me has the 16GB. I hope Sprint fixes this!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just contacted Spint for the same problem on 16gb version and was on the phone with them for 50 minutes troubleshooting , then they gave me phone number for Google Wallet. Called them and within 2 minutes rep told me Google Wallet is not currently working on S3 and they are aware of it and working on it. Why would Sprint not know this!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It doesn't work on the 16 gb either.  How does Sprint release a high end phone and all of its apps don't work...Really....

Highlighted
Journeyman

My 32gb Samsung Galaxy s3 doesn't work with google wallet either. Google wallet tech support words: "We know Galaxy s3 doesn't work and our engineers work to fix that problem soom you receive email about it" !!!!!!

Ok looks like Sprint and google don't test very well their products before selling!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The crazy thing is, it was working at one point because i used it with no problem. Then the next day I get the unsupported message.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. This rollout has been a disaster.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here (32GB); was on the phone w/a Sprint rep, put on hold twice, transferred twice, call eventually disconnected (not by me).  35 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just an fyi but 16 g isnt working anymore either.   Google says we all have to be patient....they r working on an update!  I have a 16g....worked great for a werk....now get the same error messsage as all of you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just read that Sprint released a software update that should get wallet working.  I ran the update and Voila... it started.  I am now hoping that it is fully functional.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just manually refreshed my firmware and restarted my phone (blue 32GB) and now Wallet is working. I haven't tried a transaction with it yet, but before the app wouldn't even open before so we're making progress.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got my Galaxy S III (16G Blue) through Sprint & I keep getting an ERROR Message to upgrade app, but it just freezes & doesn't Open... I tried manually refreshing my firmware and restarted my phone & still nothing!!!  I'm also having some issues with other apps that SHOULD work with this phone but they ARE NOT.... I guess this is the price to pay for being the first ones to use these NEW Smart phones & use as testing devices to work out the kinks... I should have expected stuff like this to happen...

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat