Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Home Connect 2

Journeyman

Sprint Home Connect 2

I've signed up and installed Sprint Home Connect 2 after a frustrating pricing discussion with my current San Diego area cable company's phone in my home ...      Sprint’s pricing was the main attraction and a few friends have made the jump already.    After two weeks of a trial I am porting my phone number tonight and keeping the device …    At my home in the San Diego area I have minimal signal about 2 bars on my cellular mobile phone.  The sprint connect seems to work great. And I have an Airave device where the device seems to roam onto the internet device without a problem..  I’ve tested the Home Connect a couple days without the Airave…     The great thing with the device is I packed it up and moved it to my second home in Tucson …    It works here too.    Leading to more saving where I can shut off two phone lines.     I plan to move my business line to this device too..    2 - $19.99 is a good value to consider making the jump.   In the end I thing I will save about $75 a month..  All of the features seem to work , Voicemail, 3-Way Calling, Caller ID, Call forwarding

There are weakness I would like Sprint to consider improving is the following to complete with current landline companies…

1. Install a feature to send alert text messages to a sprint cell phone when a voice mail is left on Home Connect.
  2. Update the Feature to allow call forwarding to be update remotely on a phone or Web Site vs only change it from the home device.
  3. Create a Android & iphone  App to access Voicemail similar to visual VM and change features…
  4. Update caller ID to route the caller name info vs the phone number only..

Great device I’m happy with the change for the difference in service …   But would like to see a couple of them in the future..

I'm currious if anyone has figured out more features or solutions some of the above.

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

MR_1957

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear the device has fit your needs and working well for you.

I will absolutely provide feedback regarding your 4 suggestions and would also like to suggest a work-around.

For items 1, 2 and 3 - Integrating the Phone Connect phone number into Google Voice may be a solution to these concerns. Sprint has a special integration with Google Voice that will fully integrate you Sprint phone number. This enables you to use all the features of Google Voice with out the need of a secondary phone number forwarding calls to your phone connect. Google voice has many options to customize call routing such as: Time of day, day of the week, specific phone number call forwarding etc. These forwarding options can be set up easily though the Google Voice website. Google Voice also has options to act as your voice mail box and send you text messages and/or emails when you receive a voicemail. There is also an App you can install on your phone for Google Voice. Although this solution may not work for everyone, it may be something you're interested in. Check it out at http://google.com/voice

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

If your business ever needs to send a FAX using these devices you will be disappointed as it is not compatible.  We found that out the hard way and switched back to the cable company for phone service for the same price.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat