cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Service

Journeyman

Sprint Service

I am new to Sprint......thw Galaxy SIII is my hone....my question is why does Sprint rush to sell the latest 4gLTE when they know they are WAAAYYYYY behind the curve on providing 4g service.....

they say its comming to Western WA in fall but me thinks I will be out of contract before that happens.........

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Sprint Service

droid976,

Welcome to Sprint.  I'm glad you decided to join us.  Please be patient with us as we expand our network nation wide.  There will be some growing pains but your network will be better than ever sooner than you think.  Enjoy your Galaxy III.  It's a wonderful phone.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Wizard

The network vision is on the way

Keep your eyes on http://www.s4gru.com/ for info on what is going on

Or you can follow him on Google+ https://plus.google.com/115145306306034110946/posts

Master

Exactly, several cities have already gotten it, more are on their way.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I have a Galaxy SII moved from Pittsburgh to just outside Cincinnati, I checked the coverage map before I came here, as my phone was 2 years old got the Galaxy. Then the problems started service is impossible at work, the nearest cell tower is 5 miles away!!!, service is sporadic at best, my partner lives in Kentucky my phone hardly gets as signal at all, and I can see the tower from her apartment.

I went to a Sprint store and asked about the poor signal i was showing one bar in the store,and was told as I was indoors It would only be one bar!!!!, my partners Verizon phone had 5 bars, in A SPRINT STORE!!!!!!!

They checked my phone records and said it was OK!!!!, so I am seriously thinking of going to Verizon yes they are more expensive, but whats the use of  a phone that I cant get a signal on??? I can be standing next to my partner and she calls and I dont get her call

Wizard

ecosse69,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues in your area.  If the nearest cell tower to you is 5 miles away, you will experience sporadic signal.  That being said, if you are experiencing issues everywhere you go, you may also be experiencing a device issue.  You mentioned taking it to a Sprint Store, was this a repair center?  I would recommend having a technician run a diagnostic on your device to determine that your internal antennae is working properly.  I'm including a link to our Store Locator, note to please only take your device to a store that has a check mark indicating it is a repair location.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

http://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/

Sincerely,

droid976,

Welcome to Sprint.  I'm glad you decided to join us.  Please be patient with us as we expand our network nation wide.  There will be some growing pains but your network will be better than ever sooner than you think.  Enjoy your Galaxy III.  It's a wonderful phone.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

well truth be told Im only a half mile away from the nearest tower........this accotding to Sprints locator map....hopefully soon upgrades will happen.....

but Ive another problem this phone at times gets really hot to hold in my hand and I took it into a repair center they wanted $35 just to look at it...I thought thats not good........evidently this is a problem not unique to me.......let this thing burn mr or start a fire in my pocket we will then see who pays who!

Wizard

droid976,

I'm very sorry to hear that your device is getting hot. A $35 repair/replacement fee applies to all Sprint devices that are not subscribed to the Total Equipment Protection service.  Beyond that, if you are experiencing an issue with the hardware of your device, it is covered by the manufacturer at no cost to you.  So contacting Samsung is your best bet in that instance.

There are a number of reasons why a device could be going hot, one of which is signal related.  You mentioned that we have not expanded our 4G network enough, are you not in 4G coverage?  If not, you might want to turn off your 4G services to avoid your phone working hard to find a network it can't get to.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Wizard

Thank you Fergie_B,

Now I know why my phone started to heat up so much.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat