cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint, get the Nexus Galaxy!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, you missed the boat with launching the Nexus S, now don't screw up and miss the Nexus Galaxy. I will pre-order today, just send me a link.

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

agreed, its ok that it wont have LTE at first doesnt matter the phone itself matters much more

Journeyman

You can KEEP the nexus prime its a SGII with a dress on very little difference from a galaxy s 2 and the nexus prime pointless to have both but SPRINT PLEASE PLEASE GET THE GALAXY NOTE the galaxy note is unlike anything on the market its not another galaxy s 2 clone with google fingerprints. The Galaxy note is a 5.3 inch phone tablet hybrid with a better camera better processor and better everything

Journeyman

Re: Sprint, get the Nexus Galaxy!

Granted the differences are small, but there are a few things which will sell the Galaxy Nexus (GNX) over the Galaxy S II (GS2)

The Display Experience:

GNX: 4.65-inch (11.81cm) 720×1280 HD Super AMOLED (315.83 PPI & 99,748 PPI²)

GS2: 4.30-inch (10.92cm) 480×800 Super AMOLED Plus (216.97 PPI & 47,074 PPI²)

Difference: GNX has nearly a centimeter more on the diagonal and nearly 99 more Pixels Per Inch (PPI). That is enough for a noticeable difference.

The Operating System Experience:

GNX: Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" + Google-Direct OS Updates

GS2: Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" + TouchWiz UI 4.0 + Samsung-Modified OS Updates

Difference: With the Google Galaxy Nexus being a Google Experience Device, it is assured speedy delivery of the latest version of the Android OS, without Carrier Bloatware (Demos, Nascar, etc) or Manufacturer-Delayed Overlays (Like Touchwiz). It may take weeks or even months before the Galaxy S II receives the latest ICS Updates and Upgrades beyond when the Galaxy Nexus receives them.

Physical Characteristics:

GNX: The curved display is found by many to be both more durable and pleasing to hold. Although slightly heavier than the Galaxy S II, it is still lighter than the iPhone 4S.

GS2: Has a standard straight back-slab form factor that many are comfortable with.

You can argue that they're the same phone with different makeup (and you can argue that with nearly any two phones), but the subtle differences make it a whole different beast.

As for my vote, I want Sprint to get me the Galaxy Nexus.

Message was edited by: Zathman for Spelling Corrections

Journeyman

The differences are so small that most sites have comparied the two its a pointless device in terms of mass sales especially with the SG2 dropping to 199.99.   So in essesnce .3 inch of screen and 20% better contrast is worth buying a whole new device Hell no. Just get a SG2 and root it apply ICS the code will be almost identical due to samsung using the Sg2 as a base for the Nexus prime. Hey maybe thats why Im not in Sprint Marketing and Development because I see the Nexus Prime as pointless what I would do is lean on Samsung to release a ICS rom for SG2. 

Journeyman

To further show you how limited the difference is look at this, its less then 20% difference more like 5% difference

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5000/galaxy-nexus-pentile-discussion-confirmed

Journeyman

Yup, the Galaxy Note has my vote. The Galaxy Nexus Prime will be the smaller version without the stylus, but will serve it's purpose. I can't wait for the Galaxy Note....I am going to switch carriers if need be but I hope Sprint offers it asap!

Journeyman

Yes we need the Nexus please.

Wizard

Zathman wrote:

Granted the differences are small, but there are a few things which will sell the Galaxy Nexus (GNX) over the Galaxy S II (GS2)

The Display Experience:

GNX: 4.65-inch (11.81cm) 720×1280 HD Super AMOLED (315.83 PPI & 99,748 PPI²)

GS2: 4.30-inch (10.92cm) 480×800 Super AMOLED Plus (216.97 PPI & 47,074 PPI²)

Difference: GNX has nearly a centimeter more on the diagonal and nearly 99 more Pixels Per Inch (PPI). That is enough for a noticeable difference.

Physical Characteristics:

GNX: The curved display is found by many to be both more durable and pleasing to hold. Although slightly heavier than the Galaxy S II, it is still lighter than the iPhone 4S.

GS2: Has a standard straight back-slab form factor that many are comfortable with.

Sprints GS2 has a 4.52" display not a 4.3" display, also Sprints GS2 has the slight curve in the back towards the bottom almost slimilar to the GNX but not quite.

“Disclaimer: The Community Device Champions (CDC) are device enthusiasts. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Community Device Champion shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The CDCs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.”
Journeyman

agree! I want the galaxy nexus! I'm already planing on jumping ship if we don't get it.

Journeyman

Sprint execs/employees, if you are reading this I just want you to know if I can't get a Galaxy nexus by the time my contract is up (Feb), I will be switching to a carrier that does.  Probably back to T-mobile.  They charge the same amount and they have HSPA+ in my area, Sprint doesn't have WiMax in Wichita.

Journeyman

Can someone please explain to me and im trying to keep an open mind but i was playing with nexus galaxy and it was not that great especially when trying to play airattack hd the phone does not like multitouch and the signal on  the demo was flaky, ICS is nice that the one praise i must say about it but other than that im trying to find out why is everyone so i must have this phone when it feels like a GS2.5

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat