Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint, get the Nexus Galaxy!

Journeyman

Sprint, get the Nexus Galaxy!

Sprint, you missed the boat with launching the Nexus S, now don't screw up and miss the Nexus Galaxy. I will pre-order today, just send me a link.

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

I jumped ship for the Galaxy Nexus and I have been absolutely loving it. Very pleasing to use, runs like a champ and have only had 1 hiccup, which was an issue with Google Maps FC'ing on me when using Navigation; And that issue was fixed with the latest Google Maps update. Multitouch has worked perfectly for me unlike what kgnupe2 has been experiencing. Heavy Gunner by Com2Us was one of the 10-cent apps that Google had on the marketplace for the 10-Billion Downloads promotion. It's a multitouch game, and I have no issues with it. GPS locks on in less than a couple seconds, which is perhaps the most desired benefits... Rooted or Unrooted, I'd never been able to get my NS4G to lock on as quick as this does. The screen is a thing of beauty, and it still looks just as awesome as my NS4G screen. Battery life is the only true gripe, but my way around that is to turn off LTE for everyday use and only turn on LTE when I need it. I can get a whole day's use as long as I have LTE turned off.

A side benefit to me switching carriers is that I finally have full strength data connection between home and work. I take Denver's Light Rail between home and work, and with Sprint my data would often drop out. Not so with Verizon. As a carrier, I loved Sprint... but Verizon has a slight edge right now. Best of luck to Sprint with it's LTE rollout.

I'm very happy with the Galaxy Nexus. I'm also happy my original Sprint Contract was for the EVO 4G (which died on me; and I bought the NS4G off craigslist off contract as a replacement). I bought that the day it was released and only had to pay $50 for the ETF. Of course kgnupe2 will seemingly never be happy with the Galaxy Nexus, which is a shame - once you use it for a while, it's an amazing phone. Fits perfectly in my hand, works with Google Voice just dandily, and just looks good. Plus, the point of getting the Galaxy Nexus over a non-nexus phone is that it is a phone built with just Google in mind. There is no custom carrier or manufacturer skin applied to the base system. It is what it is: Vanilla and beautiful.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat