cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint iPhone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone?

Tell me honestly, and Dan Hesse, please pay attention. Who would drop their android, blackberry, etc to get a iPhone through Sprint?

This has gone on long enough, Apple needs Sprint to have it, as it is losing new sales to Android. Sprint needs the iPhone, badly.

There were rumors of a job posting for an IOS developer, hmm perhaps this is it.

<A href="https://careersearch.sprint.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?SID=%5e63Ixj93mUt9uHtzcedr75F175I7xglg..." mcehref="https://careersearch.sprint.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?SID=%5e63Ixj93mUt9uHtzcedr75F175I7xglg...">https://careersearch.sprint.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?SID=^63Ixj93mUt9uHtzcedr75F175I7xglgRd...

<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" vAlign=top mcestyle="padding: 2.25pt;">

Req#

<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; WIDTH: 80%; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" width="80%" mcestyle="width: 80%; padding: 2.25pt;">

113289BR

<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" vAlign=top mcestyle="padding: 2.25pt;">

Job Title

<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; WIDTH: 80%; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" width="80%" mcestyle="width: 80%; padding: 2.25pt;">

Senior Telecom Design Engineer

Job Description

This position is for a cross functional Wireless IP Network Design Engineer within the IP Service Integration team in Sprint's Network Development & Engineering Organization. Responsibilities include research, design, plan, develop, optimize, and/or evaluate new/advanced network technologies by translating requirements or strategic business objectives into final network designs for multifaceted projects. Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, be a team player, exhibit strong personal initiative and leadership skills and have a positive attitude.  This position has potential for high visibility at the Director and VP level within Sprint across multiple organizations. The position requires strong technical acumen and technical writing skills in order to document the design of new products and services at Sprint. Develop, design and provide top tier support for hardware, software, platform requirements, and specifications for system enhancements of existing and new features. The incumbent will work on multiple projects of high complexity.

Position requires detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN network topologies, hardware components, associated software, and protocols.  Extensive hands-on experience with TCP/IP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, EIGRP and MPLS.   Extensive understanding of Layer 2 transport technologies. Experienced with and knowledgeable in Cisco 12000, 7600, ASR5k, ASR1k, ASR9k, and CRS-1 using both

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" mcestyle="text-decoration: underline;">IOS and IOS-XR (IOX).  Experience with and knowledgeable in Juniper M-Series, J-Series, Netscreen, SRX, ScreenOS and JUNOS. Knowledge of MPLS, MPLS VPNs and VoIP infrastructure, 3GPP2 CDMA Architecture, Mobile IP, Home Agents, PDSN, BTS, RAN and Mobile Backhaul technologies.

If you are experienced in the design of IP networks, have an in-depth knowledge of Internet Protocol v4 and v6, and are interested in integration with Wireless 3G CDMA Data infrastructure, this position is for you!

Knowledge/Skills Required:

1) Job requires a level of knowledge typically gained through a combination of a college degree and/or relevant experience totaling 12 years post high-school.

2) Extensive experience in data networking, administration, or design desired.

3) Working knowledge of network components and major routing protocols.

4) Manage projects of moderate complexity and scope ensuring proper levels of communication, documentation, notification and financial management are incorporated.

5) Must have the ability to work with multiple teams and team members. In addition, be able to rapidly adjust to changing requirements.

6) CCNP or Equivalent and Relevant Work Experience Required

7) 4 Years Telecom Networking Experience + Masters or 6 Years Telecom Networking Experience + Bachelors Preferred, but Equivalent Relevant Work Experience can be considered.

<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" vAlign=top mcestyle="padding: 2.25pt;"></TD>

Basic qualifications include:

• Knowledge of research, design, planning and development of new advanced network technologies, network components and radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission

• Experience with project management and leadership of project implementation over less seasoned engineers

• Experience using general office applications in order to perform work assignments

<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" vAlign=top mcestyle="padding: 2.25pt;"></TD>

<P mcestyle="margin-top: px; margin-bottom: px;">Sprint is a great place to work for people who want to make a difference. We're at the center of a challenging and changing industry where every day is a growth opportunity. Diverse thought and backgrounds are highly valued. If you're up for a challenge, Sprint is the place to build your career and your character.

<P mcestyle="margin-top: px; margin-bottom: px;">Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees' backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued.

Message was edited by: PHARRIS27

Message was edited by: PHARRIS27

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone?

I'm still rocking the HTC Hero that I got at launch. I had to root the thing just to make it useable after the 2.1 update. I have nothing against Android, I'm just tired of the cat and mouse game with HTC and Sprint to keep my device working.

I'll gladly switch to a Sprint iPhone the day its availalble.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone?

I wish Sprint carried an iPhone, right now I am going to Verizon or AT&T for that. Haven't picked which one yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone?

Rumor is its coming this fall. I am very patiently waiting to see if the rumors are true. If so I will be dropping my BB Tour like a bad habit for an iPhone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone?

I'm looking forward to seeing an iPhone on Sprint.

My contract with my Epic ends next year, so hopefully by then the iPhone will be out.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Sprint iPhone?

with the way things have been...do you think sprint will put their fingers into any updates for the iphone the same way as the droids? just saying..telenav, blockbuster, etc.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone?

I would trade my Samsung Epic for an iphone in a hearbeat!  In fact, if the iphone is not available later this year when I can do my annual phone upgrade, I will probably return to a Blackberry.  I am not wild about this phone, and I feel like all I do is charge it at home and at work!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone?

Fireguy_63, ios is a closed system and Apple does not allow the carriers to monkey with the updates unlike Google and Android. So I'm pretty sure you will be safe.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Sprint iPhone?

sweet...now if only the reception in my areas would stay consistant...might be time for a change from the EVO

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone?

They really need to come out with something because my contract ends this year and I really do not want to waste two years using an android or some other phone of theirs I know probably wont work well. I currently have a slider smartphone that has been replaced 3 times in the past year and needs to be replaced again because I am having problems with it, AGAIN! Apple please have the iphone come out before december.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint iPhone?

I see that some are having problems with their phones, but I on the other hand am mostly satisfied with my EVO Shift. I have used the iPhone and iPod touch and after two hours of owning my Shift, prefer the Android system now. Would like a EVO 3D, but thats a little salty for me at the time. Maybe when I get to upgrade my phone again.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Sprint iPhone?

horsehaulin wrote:

I see that some are having problems with their phones, but I on the other hand am mostly satisfied with my EVO Shift. I have used the iPhone and iPod touch and after two hours of owning my Shift, prefer the Android system now. Would like a EVO 3D, but thats a little salty for me at the time. Maybe when I get to upgrade my phone again.

I can certainly relate with you on this.  I've had a few iPhones over a two year period before getting my Evo 4G.  Granted, this was before the iPhone 4, so the processors weren't nearly what we have in our devices today (I think the the 3G had a 488Ghz processor if I remember right) so I was constantly irritated with the phone being so slow to complete any actions.  But as with ANY technology, with any electronics, regardless of the carrier or manufacturer, there are always going to be bugs/issues/limitations. We all rely so much on our phones now that if they don't work perfectly it's a major inconvenience and immediately gets the blood boiling.  Apple just released an article last week revealing that consumers have downloaded over 15 billion applications from the app market since it's birth.  What would we all be doing if we didn't have our cell phones???

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat