Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint needs to do this to be #1

Journeyman

Sprint needs to do this to be #1

GN will make it to Sprint. Just don't expect a 4G model. Sprint is in the process of building up LTE atm. Myself. Little bummed about that because my Wimax get 10megs down all day in Portland Oregon. Let's be honest most are not using 4g 50% of the time so.a none 4g GN would be fine with me. Unfortunately we are stuck in limbo until Sprints.LTE is up and running and then phone manufacturers will be on.board. Sprint needs to focus on HTC Zeta (first quad core phone) and even if Sprint has one LTE tower up in the nation, needs to be LTE. Not because of LTE performance because that is where the industry is heading. That being said. HTC Zeta needs to be branded EVO 2 and come with a kickstand. Sprint needs to face the fact EVO put money in there pockets not because of the.hardware. EVO in 2010 accomplished so many first  that it still holds its own today. Sprint wants to get back in the game. The writing is on the wall. Sprint needs to get a quad core because phones are not going pass that many cores. Sprint needs a phone with more than 8mp main camera (10mp or 13mp minimum) 720p display/screen. Kickstand is mandatory. 2mp front facing camera minimum. Phones are going away from expandable micro-sd slot, huge mistake! Must have expandable sd slot. Specially since the industry is already talking about 128gig micro sd cards. 16gig on board Rom for storage for apps that don't transfer to sd card.(huge issue) Full mirroring to HDTV. obviously the phone needs to include everything from previous generation of phones. Most importantly even if LTE is not available, needs to be advertised as LTE ready! And as EVO 2. I think Sprint might have a money huge money maker. Sprint and HTC needs to face the fact, that EVO put them on the map in tech social circles. Since then both abused the EVO brand name. Time for Sprint and HTC to make an EVO we can stand behind again.

Apple move was awful. I know tons of people wanted Apple on Sprint. Accept for 11billion dollars over a 4 year periode on a aging form factor was poor business sense. I pray as Sprint share holder that IPhone 5 barest fruit.  I would have liked that capital spent on LTE. IMHO.

Here is to hoping Sprint does the right thing with HTC Zeta w/LTE.

48 REPLIES 48
Journeyman

Needs a keyboard too. There are almost twice as many epic users compared to evo. They released the epic touch but it didn't have a key board so none of us upgraded. The evos cool feature was the hdmi out. If both of these were incorperated into a lte phone OR even have a non keyboard and a keyboard version they would definitly see stock prices rise

Journeyman

My opinion Sprint NEEDS  to offer more than 1 WP7.

The Nokia Lumia 900 would be a great start. Or to match the EVO the HTC Titan would have fit nicely at Sprint.

As the OP mentioned Sprint Gave iOS so much $ they have no choice but to push iproducts on us

Journeyman

I really hope that Sprint  OK's the Galaxy Note because Sprint never gets anything good anymore

Journeyman

Those that were worried about SGN being to big. Check-out the vid it almost looks small in the hand. I think the SGN boat sailed for wow factor and being first. Only thing left is HTC,edge/zeta w/quad core. Needs 5in screen or more and kickstand.

Enjoy the vid and see how small SGN looks in hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAVhUf5cUM0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Journeyman

At CES 2012 ATT announce the launch of the samsung galaxy note.  essentially stealing the buzz from sprint making a blockbuster announcement. the galaxy nexus is already out classed phone and while google purist well enjoy this phone for the vanilla  operating system (ICS w/o bloatware).  The Gnote with stylus pen, 8 mp main camera, 2 mp front facing camera, faster dual core processors, enlarger display puts the g note on top. Since ATT got the g note first sprint miss the bus. in order for the g note to make it to sprint now. it would require a qualcomm dual core processor that would be compatible with sprint up and coming l t e network, since exynos proc has been setup for ATT LTE service.. this would take months and sprint would be way late to the party. quad core processors would already be the norm by then. only saving grace for sprint is the htc edge quad core processor due to be announced in a few weeks sd MWC 2012 in Barcelona. sprint needs to market the htc edge as the new EVO2, make sure comes with a kickstand, very large battery, 720p screen, 10mp+ main camera, 2mp front camera. LTE and NFC are a given. if anything just put a kickstand on it and call it EVO2.buzz about this device is already starting to pick up in the people have spoken as far as what they would like. you can read for herself at the link provided.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/432375-there-true-evo-4g-successor-coming-soon-2.html

Journeyman

those interested in the preliminary specs of the HTC edge can check the video on the link provided

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz_TA7vyDrk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Journeyman

for those who are worried about a 5 inch screen being too large in the hand. here is a video of the samsung galaxy note with a 5.3 inch screen. you can see the samsung galaxy note almost looks small when holding it in your hand. so the htc edge soon to be sprints new htc EVO2 need a 5 inch screen are larger and a kickstand 🙂 (wishful thinking )

enjoy the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAVhUf5cUM0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Journeyman

I have to say Gnexus looks to be tempting upgrade for my aged EVO 4G, yet not revolutionary one, and one worthy of a new 2yr hitch. I can say the Gnote comes closer for me committing to a new contract, if this includes 4g LTE.  The Gnote screen is 1 of the biggest selling factors for me. I compared the Epic Touch 4G (SGS II) 4.65in screen to my EVO4G 4.3in screen. ET4G screen was awesome but did not scream 2yr contract compared to my EVO4G screen. Sprint needs something that screams to 2yr contract. Only thing close on the market is the Gnote. Future wise its gotta be an EVO2 4GLTE w/kickstand(HTC Edge) Quad core is the stopping point, I don't see hexa-core mobile procs ever! 5.3in screen is a stopping point for mobile phone. Might as well strike a deal with HTC since there 2011 Q4 financial reports were down. HTC maybe a little more receptive to manufacturing a proper EVO2. Might want tell them to make sure it has 2 gigs of RAM as well, 1gig RAM is already the norm in the market.

Journeyman

If it is to late for Sprint to jump on the HTC edge and get HTC to tweak it to be something buzz worthy. Sprint could possibly look into HTC Zeta. Instead of 1.5ghz quad core on the edge. Maybe look into the 2.5ghz quad core "Zeta" HTC could add the 16mp shooter from the HTC Titan II. For goodness sakes largest battery possible and a kickstand. Sprint might have a buzz worthy successor to EVO4G and to be called EVO2. Here is unofficial video of leak stats on HTC Zeta w/2.5ghz quad core processors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhKYqRA01YQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Journeyman

Here is a little more info on the HTC 2.5ghz Quad-core processor "Zeta". Big Dan Hesse should put motivational boot up HTC arse and tweaking this thing into a worthy EVO2 4G LTE device. P.S. both  HTC"Edge" and "Zeta" should be.at this years MWC. Here is short video about "Zeta"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqo4yH17_OU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wizard

Hate to be a buzz kill, but don't you think that getting the nework squared away would be before any of these new devices will even matter? To be number one you have to have good coverage, good data speeds and a phone that is ground breaking and only available on Sprint................................

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat