cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint should implement some sort of WiMAX - LTE phone trade-in service

Journeyman

Sprint should implement some sort of WiMAX - LTE phone trade-in service

For the first time I have ever seen, a network has actually gone back on rolling out a network technology, and replaced it with something else. I bought a 4G phone last year, and was promised 4G phones in my area by "next year", etc. and no doubt this has happened to other people as well. Granted Sprint didn't exactly know the change was going to happen, but this is still unacceptable. There are people whose phones will never be able to be used to their full potential, and by the time LTE comes to their area, they will be still on contract. Sure you can say "it's just a phone, and you bought it for its features" but that simply isn't true. Sprint got people to buy 4G phones in the hopes that 4G would come to their area, and when you make a mistake like Sprint did, I think you need to show a little good-faith. Sprint should allow its customers to trade in their WiMAX devices for LTE ones in some way or another, like a 1 time early upgrade, or something. Sprint, you got a lot of people to trust you, and you betrayed that trust. I think you should give people a reason to continue to due so.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Sprint should implement some sort of WiMAX - LTE phone trade-in service

GForce-1,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are not in a WiMax location.  I know it can be frustrating to not have access to a certain part of the network.  In reference to a trade-in program, Sprint actually does offer a Buy Back program for all customers.  This allows all existing customers to receive a credit on their bill for their existing equipment.  Click on the phrase "Buy Back" above for details on the program that is available to you.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Obviously that is not what i was talking about! Tell me can I get an Evo LTE for $70 off or even on contract!

Highlighted
Wizard

GForce-1,

Unfortunately, your upgrade eligibility would determine the price of your device.  There would be no discount offered for swapping from Wimax devices to LTE devices.  I understand the buyback program wasn't specifically what you were looking for, however it may be a means to the end result that you would like..

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I would like to be provided with an LTE phone for free... Of course I know Sprint's not gonna do that. A good compromise would be, either I get a LTE phone for free with a 2 year extention, or I pay the subsudized price without an extention in exchange for returning my WiMAX phone. I think that either of those options would be fair for WiMAX phone owners who are still on contract.

Highlighted
Wizard

GForce-1,

Those are actually excellent ideas.  Unfortunately, that is not a current option for our customers.  I'll definitely send that feedback "up the chain" for suggestions going forward.  That being said, there still may be some options for you as a customer to get an LTE device when you are ready.  I'd need to review your account to determine the best course of action for you.  If you'd like me to, please send me your personal telephone number via private messageas well as your security pin and/or the answer to your security question.  I'll also need your first and last name for the record.  This will allow me to evaluate your options for upgrading your device today.

To Send a Private Message:

1. Click on my name (Below my picture)

2.  Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why thank you. Of course I know Sprint doesn't currently do those things, that's why the title of the thread says "Sprint should", I'm proposing an idea. I don't have most of that information you want, but I can tell you now I know I'm up for an upgrade in... June.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat