cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint states they won't get another WP7 until August or September

Journeyman

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2398768,00.asp

Well, if this is true, Sprint just lost my 5 lines.  We are due for upgrades a few months ago, but haven't done it since phone selection sucks and we would now get charged $10 more for each line with premium data.  The HTC Arrive is a great phone, but a year old, so I have no interest in it at this time, since we live in an area with spotty reception and the newer the phone, the better the built-in radio will be, which is what we need in order to stick with Sprint. 

I have gotten fed up with a lot of tech companies lately, they just can't seem to figure out what there customers want.  I have specific needs that aren't being met which I recognize (which I know are pretty individual to me), but I also see that these companies can't seem to figure out their core market either.

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

AT&T knows what people want..the nicest biggest newest WP7 to be exclusive to them.. people want the newest thing.. used to be IPHONE.. now its WP7.. and sprint is easily 2-3 years in general tech behind the times.. im also leaving.. i asked CS today about this and they are no help

Journeyman

Re: Sprint states they won't get another WP7 until August or September

I don't like AT&T the company or the service (expensive and poor coverage in my opinion), but they by far have the best phone lineup at this time.  Verizon's lineup is te exact picture of the problems with Android's fragmentation (I am currently an Android phone user and hacker). I feel like Sprint is trying to be like Verizon, for one you don't want to have there messed up lineup of phones Sprint and Verizon will always do better at being them than you can be. 

Android, iPhone, and WP7 are all great platforms and phones, I don't want to make it seem that any is terrible.  Though I think Sprint got shafted on the iPhone, it is an already saturated market, why would you agree to spend that much money on it.

Sprint hasn't done anything exciting with their lineup since they lost the momentum of the original Evo.

Journeyman

I think someone needs to let  David Owens from Sprint know that the HTC Arrive is one of the highest rated phones with Sprint.  I have personally recommended 3 in the past 2 months and all agree the android was inferior for one reason or another.  I personally also have an iPhone and its the only phone that I could compare it to in terms of function.  I will never go back to Android.  I dont want to tweak a thing, I just want it to work without lag, battery dying by noon etc.  Although I prefer the Windows Phone OS more, I truly love the iPhone hardware.  In the end, I choose Windows Phone OS over hardware.  Now Sprint could fix that and not have me looking back at iPhone is they had a phone such as the Nokia 900.  Superior OS and superior hardwe.  I would be all set.  I will stick around with Sprint for a while and see what happens since the Arrive is a great phone.  Mr. Owens comments are rediculous.

Journeyman

David Owens comes off as rather ignorant with his statement against wp7. Sprint has never done anything for the ARRIVE,after I got mine I called tech for help and they literally knew nothing about the phone,they hadn't been trained in it,they didn't have access to one for a hands on,they had to call me back. Sprint should at least offer one with a full keypad and one without,I know some that won't buy the arrive because they don't want or need the keypad but they want a wp7.

He should be honest and admit Sprint paid apple so much to be able to try and sell their product they HAVE TO MAKE THEIR MONEY BACK SO THEY WILL PUSH iOS on us instead.

FACT IS THE ONLY TIME SPRINT ADVERTISED THE ARRIVE WAS FOR THE BUYBACK/TRADE IN FOR an iPhone program with "poisonous ivy" all over the phone.

Journeyman

The HTC Arrive has a 4.5 out of 5 rating on Sprints website by 232 users that took the time to rate it with OVER 80% SAYING THEY WOULD RECOMMEND  IT TO A FRIEND.

[...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

Found this online petition!  http://signon.org/sign/wp7-on-sprint?source=c.url&r_by=1955143

I signed it!

Journeyman

Gladly signed

Journeyman

i h8 to break it to you. less than 300 reviews in a year??? you call that GOOD! most android sets even the junk free ones have over 1k at 6 months. anything 4+ is good but heck the et4g which is less than 3 months old has more and a better review.

Journeyman

I don't mind breaking it to you blackash but you are avoiding the main point,Mr. Owens stated that THE #1 reason the arrive isn't selling is due to customer fisatisfaction,completely untrue if you go by user review. To answer you yes the androids might have more reviews,but look how many options sprint is giving android users,that's all us consumers are asking for are more options for sprint to make money off of us,not lose money from customers leaving because they only offer one wp7. Its clear sprint screwed themselves with the apple deal,now we all must suffer

Journeyman

Here is a post where they are collecting signatures to try and bring WP7 on Sprint's network. Sign it and lets generate some interest so Sprint is aware of the situation. Maybe if enough users sign the petition Sprint might go for it before August.

http://signon.org/sign/wp7-on-sprint?source=c.url&r_by=1955143

Share it, we generated 800 signatures so far. When I signed it, it was at 300 and that was around 4 hours ago.

Message was edited by: Jobin-t

I guess I didn't see that this is was already posted by someone. My apologies for reposting it.

Journeyman

Been with Sprint/Nextel for like 15 years myself. I'm on WP7 Arrive right now and honestly I love it. Sadly Sprint has all but said this is not the place for me so i'm just counting the days until my contract expires and I'm out taking my 3 lines with me. While I'll admit every company has it's issues I've not had to deal with them because I was on Sprint. In the last year Sprint however has shafted me several times (last time was with early upgrade changes which I missed by like 3 days). Anyway, i'm around until I don't have to be then it's off to a better WP7 with hopefully 4g service in my area (Sprint you told me 6 months ago that it was right around the corner).... yeah ok... you keep telling yourself that because we both know it's not true. Oh yeah, and since there's really no loyalty rewards anymore I don't have to worry about coming back (god forbid) and losing my place in line. Thanks for that one also Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat