cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swype Not Working After HTC System Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Swype Not Working After HTC System Update

In mid-March, an HTC system update was pushed to my HTC Evo 3D.  When the update was installed, my swype keyboard no longer worked.  From searching online, it seems that this was a problem for many Sprint HTC users.  At the time, we were told HTC was working on an update, which would take about 72 hours, and that meanwhile we should install Swype Beta.  Well, the re-install options of Swype now are only a 30 day free trial or the full program for a fee.  I am upset that it seems like I now have to pay a fee for something that previously was installed and working on my phone, until an HTC update ruined it.  It's been almost 2 months now, and there is no information about when this issue will actually be fixed, or even whether anyone is working on a fix!  This is unacceptable customer service and I'm not sure what do to about it at this point.  Anyone with any suggestions?

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Swype Not Working After HTC System Update

EBS37,

Sprint and HTC are aware of the issue. HTC is working on a permanent solution; more information will be shared as it becomes available. I apologize for any trouble this has caused you.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat