cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking the 3D back tomorrow - refund or replace?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love the 3d, but the signal is terrible.  I can't use the phone in my house for the most part --- if I leave it on the windowsill when I turn on the hotspot I can connect to the internet.  Can't use the internet in bed as the signal is too week.  I live in a small town, but the original EVO had no issues at all.  I've tried it in other people's homes and it's just not reliable.  My husband says the connection is terrible as well -- no one else has said anything about that, but he's at home in my small town. 

I've called Sprint and they reset the phone, so now I have to decide -- do I take it back and get another phone, or try another 3d?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

did you go to sprint zone and update data profile and prl works everytime on the epic

Journeyman

I am having sort of the same issues, in my case we have 2 of them, one works perfect, the other... well people complain that they can hear me faltering. I try the same person with the other phone and it is fine. One thing is sure, it is not always but most of the times.. so il bring it back and repalce it with another and give it a try

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same exact problem. I decided just to take it back.

I have a airave and even with that the 3d didnt have the sane coverage

In the back of my house like my evo 4 g.

Seems like when the coverage isn't the greatest the 3d just didn't cut it .

To bad because I really liked the phone .

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, you didn't try another one?  I would like to try an airave -- but I can't deal with trying to get one - I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint this weekend dealing with this -- and still have to balance the phone on the windowsill (or put it outside -- which doesn't seem feasible). 

I'm so torn about what to do --- because I really do love this phone.  I bought it at Best Buy, so if I exchange it and it keeps happening, have I used my 30 day warranty?  I guess I'll find out when I get to BB tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If your only problem is where you live I really would call sprint

Back and explain your situation. The airave is the only reason I can get

Any sort of signal at my house .

Sprint normally gives them at no charge .. one of the reasons

I stay with them .

But for me I had to many places with one bar or none.

Tested the phone .. calling as well as internet use which was to

Slow under those conditions.

The phone responded well in good coverage areas thou so I was

Told by sprint the phone wasn't the issue .

You might want to take it to sprint and run a signal strength test

Just to make sure .

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't use airave as I do not have broadband at home, the hotspot is my internet.

I exchanged the 3d today, and this phone is no better, probably worse actually.  So back it goes next week.  For what, I'm not sure.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat